Vanderbilt Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

I saw somewhere that the projected rate is 5.3% for this upcoming year so I’d guess you’re right

Unfortunately, 5% isn’t much higher than 4% so I wouldn’t count on anything. Although, it would be really awesome if it did.

Maybe Vandy will take me instead of my kid. :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Were there any portal tell-tale signs last year, does anybody know?

Can any already committed students access this link!?

https://myappvu.vanderbilt.edu/register/2019VUULosAngeles

That’s the link for LA 2019 so I’m not sure really anyone can sign in.

I know, me too. I have been rejected or waitlisted from every school but my safety and I have like 5 or so more decisions, all low acceptance rate! Very nervous to say the least

2 Likes

what dates do you folks have listed for financial aid checklist?

12/23/21 for CSS Profile and 01/06/2022 for FAFSA

11/04/2021 for both

^^ that’s about when I submitted my app I think

all of my items are 12/06/21. it’s based off of when you turn in your application.

ok, if no one has updated dates (i.e. March), then it doesn’t mean anything.

if i may ask, why did you not do ED1 or ED2 if you had your application done? is there more of an advantage in being in RD?

I have six siblings so I knew I couldn’t apply somewhere when my EFC was ~50k. I chased merit, was denied from Vandy CV scholarship…have full rides at two schools though now. If I applied ED I think I could have had a chance but then I would have been locked in. In hindsight, it might have been a good idea (I got my Notre Dame financial aid the other day and they got the price down to 17k for me which is crazy!!) but I had no idea at the time. Vandy is one of my top choices but applying ED would have limited me.

6 Likes

My daughter applied 11/19/21 but her FAFSA shows 2/10/22 so I don’t think the financial aid documents have anything to do with the application date.

What does it possibly indicate?

that makes sense! congrats on all of your accomplishments!

maybe it got processed late, i am 99% sure they correlate for most people (submission date and date shown)

Most people not accepted today will still have a great college experience at another school. However, keep in mind, Vanderbilt will not totally fill there class of 2026 with Freshman admission. So for those who really have their heart set on Vanderbilt, keep in mind they will probably add 200 to 300 more students to this class through transfers next year. They certainly have one of the highest transfer acceptance rates of any of the “elite” colleges (over 20 percent). If you can excel and make some notable impact at the college you choose your freshman year, there still may be Vandy opportunity in the future for those who’s draw to Vanderbilt remains that strong.

6 Likes

Any last minute portal astrology?