Vanderbilt Class of 2027 Official Thread

rejected

Hang in there. My son is getting discouraged, but I reminded him that he’s got some great schools already. I’m sure you’ve got some good ones too. It’s tough at this level.

Oh my god I’m really nervous to open the decision.

2 Likes

I mean, those are some great accepted!

2 Likes

Did those who have permanent address and mailing address end up getting accepted?

1 Like

I GOT IN! :tada: So unexpected!

35 ACT
4.0 GPA
Lots of Research + Volunteering

7 Likes

For those of you that got accepted- Congratulations!! Are you planning on attending?

Congratulations to everyone who got in!!! I got waitlisted but, thankfully, I have a better choice.

A better choice? Odd choice of words right after congratulating those admitted.

4 Likes

S23 rejected. He fine with it. Got into Hamilton last week and it’s a better fit for him. Just Dartmouth to hear from now.

CA public school
White male
4.0/4.6
Rank 5/400
ACT 35
12 APs
Good ECs etc etc.
2 jobs

4 Likes

We re in a similar boat. Rejected but accepted Williams and some other great schools which is a better fit.

5 Likes

Daughter waitlisted. Only Permanent address and no additional documents in FA except FASFA and CSS.

1 Like

Waitlisted for College of Arts and Sciences. Congrats to those who got in! DD is still hopeful!

I am really happy with Hamilton. I think he’s still overly fixated on the big name school thing. In CA (our town at least) no one has heard of basically any LAC except the Claremonts. Many don’t even know what a LAC is. He’s frustrated that he can say where he’s accepted and just gets blank stares. I know he shouldn’t care but he’s 17 and still seeking peer validation. I keep telling him it won’t matter to him the day after HS graduation.

4 Likes

Man on the street may not know Hamilton but employers and grad schools s will know def know the high caliber of the LAC schools - but totally get how blank stares must make him feel less elated than he should right now - congrats to your son-

2 Likes

Viewed historically, Vanderbilt had to climb three tiers to approach Hamilton: LIFE - Google Books.

4 Likes

Waitlisted too, just to add to the LONG list here :sob:

Waitlisted too. Seems like Vandy waitlisted a crazy amount of ppl this year but idk

2 Likes

This is common. They waitlist way more than they anticipate to take in as they know students are applying to many schools and every year the yield becomes unpredictable towards the end.

3 Likes

DD waitlisted. Recently waitlisted at UChicago, WashU and Northwestern in succession. Waiting to hear on Emory, Brown and Penn. No rejections to date.

Sitting on acceptances at Princeton, UMich, UNC, Univ of Texas and a couple other safety schools.

And this is why one has to throw the dart at many schools if you really want to attend a top 20 type school.

7 Likes