Vassar College Early Decision for Fall 2024 Admission

This is the official thread for those applying ED to Vassar College.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

Well, just breaking the ice here since no one has chimed in yet. My son will be applying ED1 to Vassar. Both my husband and I are alums so if anyone has any VC related questions, let me know! Feels like the 11/15 deadline is coming up fast and furious, and still lots of work to do over here…

3 Likes

Hi! Coincidentally, both my husband and I are alums too and our daughter just applied ED1 to Vassar. Not sure how the school is handling legacy these days. any insight?

In terms of official information, Vassar’s CDS notes that “alumni/ae relation” is “considered” in admission decisions.

I think Vassar still considers legacy for admissions to some degree - like it probably helps as a deciding factor when there are two equally qualified candidates. I definitely don’t think it makes much of a difference for an under qualified student. But I guess really hard to know!

EDI applications are submitted and now we wait. Based on when ED results came out in the past couple of years, my best guess for this year is the evening of December 8.

2 Likes

Last year was DEC 9th - Friday at 4.20pm. My son was very excited and we were traveling to a wedding down in MS at the time. My son is a current Freshman Class of 2027 and enjoying the experience.

2 Likes

Looks like checklist has disappeared on the portal. Guess it’s getting closer! Crazy it might be end of next week.

D24 had her alumni interview this past weekend so there’s nothing to do but wait. My best guess is still Friday, December 8 in the afternoon/evening.

1 Like