Vent and Info on Admin Office Ops for International Applicants

<p>Folks-</p>

<p>In continuation of the Spring '09 International Transfer saga I began in a previous thread, and after waiting 10 days for some form of mail to arrive, we finally marched down to the Red Gym on Friday (also after making phone calls, leaving messages, and having calls dropped out of the queue). We chatted to someone at the front desk and laid out the situation and here is what we found out:</p>

<p>1) There is ONE person handling international applicants- they had two, need THREE due to volume, but the second person resigned several months ago. Apparently the office was extremely slow about hiring an additional person, and the second counselor resigned due to these circumstances.</p>

<p>2) International transfers and applications for Spring 09 have been affected- we are not an isolated case- and given that the orientation signup deadline is Monday, I have no idea what this means.</p>

<p>3) Although the online application message shifted from "in review" to "you have no current applications pending" the man who helped us said the application hadn't been reviewed, but that a similar message had been reported by other internationals.</p>

<p>We have an appointment Monday to speak with the counselor in person. I have no idea how this is going to turn out, but at least we can maybe get some closure on this issue.</p>

<p><em>VENT</em> Im more than a little annoyed that the office couldnt be more communicative about the work load or delay for this subsection of applicants. The gentleman who helped us had the attitude of "oh well" when I mentioned orientation coming up- that it really didnt matter if anything ever happened to the application or not. I do see that the app fee was cashed three days after the application was posted back in October. </p>

<p>I hope this info can be of use to others who may be applying shortly for Fall 09!</p>