Villanova University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

I have no clue. Hopefully all at the same time.

1 Like

I just read that EA decisions are being released this Sunday, 1/15.

3 Likes

I hope so!!

Where did you read that? I don’t see it on any of their social media admissions accounts yet. Thanks for the heads up!

On college kick start site - they update decision release dates for a list of schools.

That date is labeled as the day on which Villanova released EA decisions last year. The current notification timing still says Jan. 20.

1 Like

Ugh. You’re right. Wasn’t looking at the column header while scrolled down that far. Sorry folks :(.

2 Likes

not impossible. they said by 1/20!

2 Likes

“By 1/20” means it could be anytime
crossing fingers that it comes out today. I’m hoping last year they said by 1/20 also but released on 1/15 which could mean they will do that again this year.

1 Like

hmmmmm good catch!!

not today then ig

1 Like

I have a very general question now that our son is halfway through his EA acceptances and deferrals

do you all think that at a lot of these prestigious colleges that are receiving double if not triple the amount of applications, the admissions staff is going through each essay, recommendation letters, looking at course rigor, and community service etc., or are they sorting acceptances and denials solely by GPA because of the volume of applications to get through??

Highly selective schools that tout a holistic admissions approach absolutely read essays and gauge demonstrated interest. Large public schools, probably not so much. My kid who attended Villanova received personal messages from multiple admissions directors at other schools (top 25) recognizing the effort put into her essays. Conversely we have seen kids who had perfect SATs, near perfect grades, receive every conceivable honor, etc. and flat out get rejected by all except their instate flagship schools. The mitigating factor was the effort and tone of the essays in almost every instance. Humility and intent go a long way toward success.

Villanova reads every essay to assess not only whether the kid can write, but how the candidate will help contribute to the community and beyond.

1 Like

yes i had all 5’s and was still rejected. and it wasn’t all easy AP’s it was physics 1, apush, ap lang, etc.

im not sure if they admit by major, but computer science has become increasingly difficult at most top schools. i think my class rank being particularly low had something to do with my rejection since they typically have over 85% of the class be in the top 10% of their high school class. i go to a very competitive public school and its unfortunate that theyre removing class rank next year instead of this year. best of luck to your daughter, most got in ED i was just too stupid to

2 Likes

no, it means that i’m out completely

Don’t be so hard on yourself. All 5s in your APs is amazing! No doubt you’re going to land nicely for college. The application pools and admissions process feel extra uncertain this year and one school’s decision is not a reflection on where you’re going in life - trust me!

3 Likes

i know its good but my ranking is really holding me back but we’ll see

I just want to second what 2023collegemom said. I can also sympathize with you and wanted to reach out and let you know you are not alone. My daughter is a double legacy at an Ivy (my husband and I both attended). We are involved with our alma mater. She has a 98 UW GPA with 14 AP courses (including the hard ones like AP Bio, Chem, Physics etc). Very good ACT score. She applied to a major that is really selective for fit and work experience and she spent all her summers working in the industry. Varsity soccer, VP NHS, all that stuff. She was deferred ED and I know she will not get in RD. At best, she might get waitlisted. She was devastated especially when her best friend applied to the same school with minimal easy AP courses, a 3.6 GPA and a 980 on her SAT (applied test optional) but got in ED. The college decision process seems quite random and I can’t explain it. Hang in there, there will be a great school that will realize how lucky they are to have you. Cream rises to the top and you will do well wherever you go.

9 Likes

so true! This is our 3rd kid and the college selection process has not gotten clearer! There is no way to predict anymore and I will be happy when it’s done!

4 Likes