Virginia Tech Community/campus?

Hello I was wondering what any current or former students had to say regarding the community and campus at Virginia Tech as well as the town of Blacksburg and surrounding area. Considering this school for the fall 2018 and would love to know what anyone would say about the college.
Thanks!

I’m the parent of a sophomore. It’s in a small town that now has a lot of tech companies. There is an adjoining town, Christiansburg, about two miles from Tech that has multiplexes, malls, and all the comforts of sprawl. There is a great intra town bus system that is free for students. My son loves it because he can ride his bike and hike on weekends. It’s very near the Appalachian Trail. I’m glad I went to college in a city. He loves the mountains. You should definitely visit before you decide to go there. 18 year old me hated it but my son loves it and is now one of the tour guides.

I loved my time there. You should definitely visit the campus when you have a chance. You are sure to find people you connect to, and honestly everyone is really friendly. Blacksburg is a fun town, and basically built around the college so there’s a lot of stuff around that caters to college aged people.

Thanks, I think I am going to visit soon