Virginia Tech Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Accepted but no merit or honors info, did anyone have these included in their letter?

1 Like

I think financial information and honors college is on the righthand side of the main portal page

1 Like

Accepted! Congrats to everyone who got in :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Accepted! $3000 OOS scholarship. 1460 - 4.25 W

We had to click on view financial aid and then awards to see it.

5 Likes

I didnā€™t get Honors College, which kinda surprised me, and I also didnā€™t get aid, but Iā€™m happy to be in!

2 Likes

Waitlisted - OOS

4.44 weighted, 1500 SAT, accepted honors college, no merit. OOS so definitely not going there with no merit.

1 Like

Accepted to Arch college, no honors, $1k scholarship,OOS. 4.75gpa weighted, 1560 SAT, 36 ACT, 300 community service hours

5 Likes

Son got in, engineering and honors college, OOS, 1520 SAT, 12 APs, 3.98 UW 4.65 weighted. Canā€™t see any merit aidā€¦. Site not super intuitive

5 Likes

Go to the financial aid section on the right. It will have all the awards and financial aid if applicable.

Son waitlisted for engineering.

OOS (Washington, DC)
3.98 GPA
1560 SAT
Class VP
Civil Air Patrol officer
Robotics Team Leader
Tutor
3 Varsity sports
Other ECs

Oh, and he had a summer internship with VT.

Kid picked the wrong year to apply to collegeā€¦

3 Likes

My daughter has 1560 SAT, 4.84 GPA, NMF, Girl Scout Gold Award, Varsity Captain, Club President,
OOS - Got in Honors college for engineering, but no merit.

6 Likes

Kid got in test optional, in state, 3.89 overall, but 4.0 in her (high number of) IB classes. Tons of very major specific and somewhat unique ECs, worked since she was 14, 4 year varsity athlete and captain, and good LOR. I feel like her mini essays were extremely well done and tied strongly to the prompts, but donā€™t all parents?

4 Likes

Waitlist in-state

DS22 OOS got accepted.

5 Likes

Accepted OOS Biology, $3k merit, no honors

4.0 UW, 4.55 W
9 APs
Lots of leadership etc

5 Likes

DS (homeschooled) in state accepted engineeringā€¦4.0 UW, 1510 SATā€¦Honors College

5 Likes

Well, it looks like the CDS for VT was pretty misleading since D22 falls in line with all of their stats. Oh well!

Applied EA for CS
Waitlisted OOS Female
3.5uw/4.5w
1410 SAT / 31 ACT

Lots of APs, a decent number of ECs related to CS, etc. Sheā€™ll put her name on the waitlist, but I think sheā€™ll have committed elsewhere by the time that shakes out. This was the last school on her list that I thought was a target, so unless she gets surprised by UIUC, UW-M (deferred), RHIT (deferred), SLO, and W&M it looks like her list of acceptances is set and itā€™s time to decide between her other options!

3 Likes

Does anyone know how VTā€™s WL operates? Do they offer spots as they become available?

2 Likes

Not getting into the honors college is really throwing him off. Accepted to honors at Notre Dame and Univ Ark for architecture, but not VT. Really wonder what they looked for. In addition to above is also Eagle Scout, Team Captain of 2 Varsity sports and Pres of both Academic team and school NHSā€¦ wildā€¦.