Virginia Tech Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

DD waitlisted, in-state. Weighted GPA: 4.2

Denied
OOS Computer Science
4.0/4.5w
33 ACT
11 APs
Varsity Sport, leadership, etc.

Both of my twin daughters were accepted. One was accepted as a Classical Studies major and the other Fish Conservation. Both have a 4.1 GPA, NHS, Clubs, Extra Curricular activities and community service.

7 Likes

Early action waitlistedā€”
In state
4.47 gpa
Top 3% in class
Lots of ecā€™s and leadership positions
Psych major

Has a friend who applied early decision with lower stats and got in.

1 Like

Thatā€™s ridiculous with those stats. Sorry.

6 Likes

Accepted!
Out of State
Elementary Education
3.2 W
Test Optional
1 AP
VERY SURPRISED!

10 Likes

DD Accepted OOS for Chemistry 3.8 /29 ACT
7 APs /
State Robotics Champion, Varsity Soccer Goalie, First chair Trumpet and VP Jazz Ensemble/ Drumline captain. I really think her essays boosted her app.

6 Likes

Accepted for business! OOS, 4.3 wgpa, test optional, 12 AP/Honors, varsity capt. congrats to all!

6 Likes

Also has 11 APs

Norm91, The last part is a real kicker! My son with similar stats (except In-State) also waitlisted which is as expected as VT has a reputation for not accepting super high SAT kids, at least at our school. The fun continues!

DD Accepted!
Business
OOS
3.9 UW GPA
Test Optional
Lots of AP/AT/Honors courses
Leadership ECs

5 Likes

DS waitlisted. In State, 1390 SAT, 3.9 GPA. He decided a few weeks ago VT probably isnā€™t the best fit for him. Got accepted at other schools, offered merit scholarship and invited to Honors college. BUT the VT architecture has been what heā€™s been interested in for years. VT may be losing a great student.
Says they should know by July 1st if they are in or not. Who can wait till July to know if they are going to go or not?
Anyone know if there is anyway to know where on the waitlist you are? Iā€™m confused how they can have a wait list for EA when they havenā€™t offered anyone for RD their spots yet.

2 Likes

This is insane that he was waitlisted.

2 Likes

Son waitlisted.

From Fairfax County, VA public school.

GPA 3.86 unweighted / 4.30 weighted

SAT 700 English 760 Math

About 10 AP classes

Varsity baseball

2 Likes

wow. What major did he apply to?

Engineering. He was accepted at UVA and UMD though.

5 Likes

Whatā€™s going on with VT admissions?
4.35 W, 12 AP, 750+790 SAT, decent ECs, clubs, Instate
CMDA - waitlisted

3 Likes

DS accepted! OOS (MD) Studying Public Health. Older brother is a Sophomore STEM major at VT. DS will have a decision to makeā€¦ VT (not sure about merit yet?), Pitt w/merit or Ohio State (not sure about merit yet). Familiarity w/VT already makes it the clear front runner. Congrats to all who got in!

5 Likes

Iā€™ve found that college admissions is not linear or logical and you can drive yourself crazy trying to understand the results. I wish someone had a giant AI engine we could all feed the data into so we could see the pattern and biases at play but the universities will never agree to it. So until then, we must all just graciously accept the black box decisions. That said, you have better options on the table so Iā€™d be ordering some ND gear if it were me.

6 Likes

Accepted with no merit aid.