Virginia Tech Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

DD is in

Instate
Marketing
4.3wgpa
IB diploma
Test optional
Good leadership, honors and ECs
Excellent essays (in my opinion and writing is a big part of my job)

3 Likes

Anyone know how much they go to waitlist? Last years Common Data Set says they offered a spot to all 592 kids that went on waitlist. That canā€™t be right.

3K. It was not in the letter, you have to click on View Financial Aid.

1 Like

From their website:

1. What is Virginia Techā€™s history of selecting students from the waitlist?
    Last year, we were able to offer 2,458 applicants from the waitlist. In 2021, we were able to offer 3,286 applicants from the waitlist. In 2020, we were able to offer 3,961 applicants from the waitlist. In 2019, we were unable to make any offers. In 2018, we were able to offer 1,896 applicants from our waitlist. In 2017, we were unable to make any offers. As you can see, the number of students ultimately receiving offers from the waitlist is highly unpredictable and variable.

And of course couple that in within specific program you might be trying to get into and itā€™s a crap shoot. My guess is that the 592 number you found is that they offered 2,458 applicants a spot off the waitlist and 592 accepted the offer.

My son received a Provost award. (3K). I guess that is meritā€¦ this is all new for us.

1 Like

Where did you find it?

1 Like

Financial Aid Tab

ACCEPTED!

OOS (but in-state tuition eligible due to unique family situation)

International Relations

1280 / 4.0W

But rejected at FSU in-state?! :rage:

So happy!

5 Likes

Thank you - we got the same $3600.

1 Like

i donā€™t have a decision yet?

1 Like

Waitlist. OOS, TO, 3.75 GPA, Public Relations/Communications.

1 Like

Has anyone received notification on Honors decision yet?

2 Likes

Sames here. :<

1 Like

For those who dont have a decision maybe try logging
in on another device>

We have. He logged in on his phone too. Nothing. it shows "as we release early decisions, you may experience delays on both the portal online and on his phone. :<

Does anyone know where the waitlist form is? I canā€™t find it.

1 Like

Accepted! In-state. School of Neuroscience
Weighted GPA 4.3 ; Test optional
Good ECs.

4 Likes

Last year, VT had 45321 applicants, sent out 25825 acceptances and 7166 accepted the offer and attended.

After reading the decision letter we hit ā€œbackā€ on the browser and there was a link on the landing page for ā€œwaitlist decisionā€ (I canā€™t remember what exactly the button said but it was obvious).

2 Likes

does anyone know why i canā€™t see my decision?

1 Like