Virginia Tech Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

We in same boat. We tried calling and they are closed. :< dangggg

1 Like

We should connect as our girls are Neuroscience together!

I thought the same thing, but if you scroll down, you see a box to click for “unread decision letter.”

1 Like

Accepted!! Super excited!
Business
OOS

2 Likes

My DD is in!
OOS NC
Food Science Major
3.9 UW; 4.5W
Test Optional
$3K merit

Unfortunately, the approx. $48.5 is above what we want to pay. It sucks, because it was her favorite school, and we lived in Virginia and paid taxes there for 13 years. But NC State in-state is half the price and Delaware and UMass gave $17K and $16K, respectively for OOS making them each come in at about $36K. So VT is likely out. :frowning:

3 Likes

Thanks! Just checked and we got the same $1,500 per semester renewable. OOS Engineering/CS

2 Likes

can someone post a screenshot of where i would see the decisions

yeh I’m in. OOS Landscape Architecture

1 Like

So, In-State son waitlisted for engineering after getting into GT, UVA, Northeastern, PSU, NCSU and UMD. I feel so bad for him as that is where he was leaning, but that’s how this craziness works.

3.99/4.3318
Eagle Scout, Varsity Sports, engineering internship
AP calc BC and AP Physics 2 are top offered at school and he’s in those and so taking most rigorous schedule available.

1 Like

When you open up the portal, scroll down and there should be a big box that says decision letter. Click on it.

accepted! general engineering with an interest in cs

2 Likes

That is crazy! He sounds like a perfect candidate. At least you have other excellent choices including an in-state one.

1 Like

OOS daughter accepted for Physics. 4.0 UW/ top 4% of her class of 515. ACT 31 Editor of yearbook for 2 years.

1 Like

Yield protection. :person_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Surely Yield Protection happening here. They know he might accept higher ranked Univs.

That’s our assumption too, but who knows :woman_shrugging:t3: we were planning on him just deciding between UVA and VT, but looks like we will have to throw some of the OOS into mix. Sounds like they take a lot of of the waitlist, but finding out in July is kinda crazy.

1 Like

4.5 gpa. Top 3 percent 34 act. Biology major. Legacy. Waitlisted

DS International, accepted to General Engineering with an interest in CS!
TO, More than 90% A stars in CIEs, middle ECs, lots of volunteer work.

we have no box. We message the IG post and they said to email admissions email with if you have no decision yet and they will get back to you. So we did and we wait. UGHHH

In State waitlisted
1420 SAT
4.0 unweighted- 4.2 weighted
8 AP
Legacy (Dad, Grandfather, Aunt)

We withdrew the application. Was admitted to Georgia, Clemson, Auburn, USC, NC State, PSU). Shame that we can’t keep our money in our home state!