Virginia Tech Honors College

Just got my Honors College letter in the mail!

I’m guessing no honors invite for my daughter?
Stats:

OOS white female
Aerospace/Ocean Engineering Double Major

NROTC Scholarship recipient
Corps of Cadets
Congressional and Senatorial nominations to US Naval Academy

35 ACT (took 1x only)
96.92 GPA (11AP’s, every honors/college/AP class offered)
AP Scholar with distinction
National Honor Society
Top 5% in the nation for National Spanish Exam Gold Award
Top 5% in graduating class

Multisport varsity athlete, state recognized scholar athlete 3 awards
Regional Sportsmanship award
Girl Scout assistant leader
volunteer tutor
certified lifeguard/ employment
4 yrs on multiple robotics team
co-founder of 2 different STEM related clubs
1st place in science symposium
fluent in English, Spanish, proficient in American sign language

wrote 3 essays, all very well written
had exceptional recs

Early Admission to Georgia Tech, U-Mich, Purdue, Univ of Illinois (UIUC), Univ of Texas-Austin, Univ of Maryland-CP. Other institutions as regular decision, including Texas A and M. Invited to several honors programs and lots of scholarships, several full ride scholarships.

DD applied to VT because of Corps of Cadets…turns out she loved her visit to VT! But confused by the lack of attention they have shown her.

Really thought I would’ve gotten into Honors… I have a sibling who is a current Honors college student, and a father who is an alumni

OOS female
Literature- 35 English ACT
Soooo much volunteering, ECs, and pretty good essays

Accepted: unc chapel hill, N.C. state university, unc Wilmington Honors with merit, app state honors and Watauga (diversity scholar), Radford Honors

Anyone else frustrated trying to find straightforward info on VT scholarships? My DD got offered a small merit/academic scholarship and I cannot find one word about it online…

1 Like

My daughter was also offered a $5000 scholars scholarship but can’t find any information. Does anyone know if this is for one year or renewable with appropriate GPA?

I can’t figure out anything about my son’s either.

@MESMES @rugbymom2 @mom2cats Funny you all ask about that info. I checked last years merit scholarship names people received on CC and the only one I could find on VA Tech website was the Davenport Leadership for Engr. All the others could not find.

BTW are your kids OOS or IS?

@red98blue My DD (Provost Achievement Scholarship at $7000/year) is OOS