Virginia Tech Transfer Fall 2020

how do you apply for transfer LLC? Do you have to wait until you get in??

T-3 days guys!!!

@TouristHistory Some info I found on VT website:

" To add your name to the Wait List:

After you have been admitted, accepted your university offer, and created your PID/password/2-factor log-in, please go to the StarRez Portal, log in with your PID/password and 2-factor authentication, then select Housing and Dining Contracts and then Housing Application Process as the active term. Follow on-screen instructions."

So basically when you get in and pay your deposit, you can sign up for housing, just know that you are adding your name to the waitlist, which means housing isn’t guaranteed

There are various application times -see link
https://llc.vt.edu/apply.html

You would apply to Transfer Experience LLC

Happy Easter everyone! I’m sure everyone is anxiously awaiting decision day as am I! I’m wondering if anyone has any advice for how to mentally deal with all the stress cause it’s all driving me crazy. In the sense that I can’t fall asleep and I’m wondering if anyone has any advice for how they cope with all the stress! Thank you!

Dang, the LLC sounds so nice - living in campus and already having a group of transfer students to socialize with. I will definitely apply if I make it in, hopefully I get it. Thanks for the information @cbl1 and @TarekHA!

@djjonesss I feel you, I have trouble sleeping too. . . even though I applied under GAA, haha. I have been trying to meditate and listen to calming music to fall asleep. Only 3 days remain, and hopefully we can all make it in!

I know this sounds kind of silly but I read that saying “I got into Virginia Tech” and kind of mentally acting as though you’ve already been admitted helps ease your mindset. I thought it was kind of ridiculous but I can definitely say I’ve been a lot less stressed since I’ve been able to convince myself to keep a positive mentality! @djjonesss

Did anyone apply for CMDA to VT?

Today my parents got an email from VT about “Virginia Tech’s fund for the future grant”. I was wondering if anyone else got this email?

@techsoon I just checked my email and haven’t gotten such an email! The last email I got from VT was a zoom/skype class for future transfer students “already received my decision”

I do have a question for you guys about financial aid and scholarships, would we be able to view the aid award before paying the initial deposit?

Was the Skype/zoom email subject “already received my decision”? I did not get a email about Skype/zoom.

I believe he already got his decision thats why he is receiving such emails. However my parent also received the other email discussed earlier about the grant. Not sure what it means I feel like it was pretty generic and automated if you filed your FAFSA

@LeviR Sorry for the confusion! the email subject I received was “Learn more about housing for transfer students” and yes I already got my admission decision.

Two more days you guys! good luck everyone

Today’s the day everyone !

I’m so excited yet nervous!! Does anyone know if VT gives out any scholarships to transfer students?? At this point, I’m more nervous about the cost than anything else?

^And if so, how much they generally give??

@Tenssaek VT, in general, isn’t very generous when it comes to scholarships. Transfer students do get scholarships and from what I’ve seen online, mostly a 5k nonrenewable merit. Remember it depends on your Major, and if you completed the FAFSA and the general scholarship application. Good luck today!!

I’m transferring after my freshman year, do you think VT looks down on my app because I don’t have a lot of credits?

@LeviR many people transfer after their freshman year! as long as you have the # of credits a typical freshman should have, i think you’ll be good :slight_smile: Good luck to everyone!

@TarekHA thank you!!

Y’all 5pm cannot come any sooner