Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2017

This is a forum for Virginia tech transfer students for Fall 2017. If you have any questions, post here.

I am going to do the Instant Decision Day on Feb 10. Is anyone else doing it or has done it? If so, should we dress up? lol thank you. Also my gpa is a 3.4 at TCC as well as my high school gpa. The only real bad thing on my transcript is I have a lot of withdraws. Does anyone know if that is bad?

@VTEmmy I’m also going up for Instant Decision Day on Feb. 10! I’m wearing a knee-length business skirt with a blazer to look business professional. I believe you should totally dress up since it’s a first impression and so they know how serious you are about getting accepted. My GPA is around yours, lol I also attend a CC and have a 3.3 GPA. Super nervous

Applied to VT from NVCC with priority review. My admission decision should be out tomorrow, so hyped and nervous. 3.82 GPA with 47 current credits. Will see how it goes on Friday!

@CollegeVTA sounds like you have a good chance!! Good luck!

Did you get the notification already? I applied for priority as well and haven’t received anything on my status page.

I, too, applied under PR and haven’t received any status update. Hm!

I believe they post decisions to the status page at 5 PM.

Will it be posted on the status page? Where it has your application info?

I have not received mine yet.

https://banweb.banner.vt.edu/ssb/prod/gzbkwbis.P_WWWLogin

This is the link where you will be notified about your acceptance

wait till 5 pm to see your status update

Inshallah everyone will be accepted!

I got accepted check your status page!~!~!~!, but i have to pay 400 matriculation deposit… what the hell is this?

For those of you guys who are planning to transfer to VT Engineering from NVCC,

I have taken the following courses

Calc 1- A
Calc 2- A
Calc 3- A
Linear Algebra- A
Differential Equations- A

Chemistry 111- A
Chemistry 112- A
Org chem- Currently taking
Org chem Lab- Currently taking

Physics 231- B
Physics 232- A

English 111- B
English 112- Currently taking

Psychology 201- Currently taking

Intro to Eng 120- A
Engineering Design 295- A

And about that hokie bird myth, i did not see it on my application status page, and still cannot find one.
You can check you application status via-
Application information - click on your admission term - A new yellow box will appear, it is obvious, you will see. (The format changed)

Anyone planning on transferring from a 4yr college??

Congrats to those that got in!

I still haven’t received a status update. Is there anyone else who turned in the app and transcripts before the deadline and are in the same boat?

I did but they received in by January 18

That’s the date it says my transcript was received. Even though I filed to have it sent from NVCC before the 4th, I’m guessing NVCC didn’t get around to actually sending it til way after thus the postmark is dated after the deadline.

anyone else who applied for priority review still not hear back?

Hello I’m applying to Virginia Tech under the GAA under Nova agreement with tech. I have completed a Electrical Engineering Degree at Nova and also have a cumulative 3.25 GPA. Now the main things that the GAA says you need spefically a cumulative GPA of 3.2 and finish a AS in engineering which I both have. Now my question is that I was denied for the summer session 1 but after carefully reading GAA it is only for the Summer 2 session and Fall to be admitted. So I was wondering if that is why I was deined? Also I have retaken a few classes with differes my cumulative GPA from my overall GPA. Now my question is there is a small not in the GAA that says that repeated course “may” be calculated in my overall GPA. Not sure if not deines me from my GAA agreement. Soone please weigh in and help if you have retaken a course a NVCC and how has that effected your transfer to TECH below is GAA.
Help if you can

https://www.nvcc.edu/depts/academic/transfer/GAA/VirginiaPolytechnic-Engeneering-PU-GAA-2014-06.pdf
Please help

Hello, everyone!
I am applying to Virginia Tech as a Biology major with a pre-vet concentration with a minor in Spanish from Clemson University. In high school, I had applied to Virginia Tech with a 3.9 GPA and was accepted but this Fall semester I managed to only get a 3.0 :(. I’ve been doing tons of research on other transfer people’s stories and read that they are generally looking that we’ve completed the core classes. This year I have taken or am taking Accelerated Comp (had AP English Credit), General Biology I and II with labs, Frontiers to Biology I, Intermediate Spanish, Gen. Chem I with lab and Intro to Psych (covered by AP Psychology) and Calc I. Would this cover those core requirements that Tech is looking for???

Thanks in Advance :smiley: