Virginia Tech Transfer Fall 2020

Waitlisted CoS

@TarekHA All it says is that my academic progress is under review, whatever that means…

I GOT IN!!! Pamplin College of Business BIT major! 3.13 GPA! I’m SO EXCITED !!!

@ampayne We’re gonna be Pamplin Transfers together aaah!!!

YAY! ACCEPTED TO THE COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING! omgggg so happy ! LOL

4.0 GPA GAA, double associate in general engineering & computer science from NVCC! hoping to go to Tech for CPE and physics minor

I got in! GPA 4.0 from NVCC, not guaranteed admission
College: Engineering
Major: General Engineering
Degree: Undeclared Degree.
Question: Why degree is undeclared? I want to get Computer Science BS. Anyone got undeclared degree, what does it mean?

Daughter just got into Pamplin BIT program. We are thrilled!

@marta222 They mentioned that the degree is undeclared because you need to get above a 3.0 on your first semester at tech to be put into the major you want into the college of engineering!

Thanks. So, does it mean all new students have undeclared degree first semester?

Does anyone know what the chances are about transfer waitlists? I was also waitlisted as a senior in HS. I am beyond mad I deserve to be there with my grades.

@marta222 yeah! that’s right (for students whose major is under CoE)

@LeviR i think if your grades were good, it is likely! I remember in hs a couple of my friends got off the waitlist!

4.0 in HS and 3.5 college not good enough??

Accepted!! GAA, COS Math, GPA: 3.74. Let’s go Hokies!

I got in!!! 4.0 gpa, comm major, transferring into class of 2023!! Congratulations to everyone else who has made it in :slight_smile:

@LeviR You’ll probably get off. I believe you guys have until sometime in June to put down a deposit, which should be right around the time the university will decide if we will be having online classes during fall semester as well. You will almost certainly see transfers decline their offers if they do decide to cancel in-person classes once again. If not, a few will end up declining anyway due to it being so late in-terms of receiving your decision, needing to find a place to live, concerns about uncertainty of in-person classes in the fall, etc. But yeah, weird how you were waitlisted with a 3.5. Only reason I could imagine is that they will need to lower the amount of transfers for next year anyway, since you guys are being lumped in with all the other freshman transfers who were waitlisted last year, only to learn they wouldn’t be taking anyone off. They likely expected it too.

hey y’all,
I just got accepted! Here are my stats:
Transferring from Millersville University as a sophomore
GPA: 3.6 (all A’s except for a B in calc?)
Major: Neuroscience
I’ve completed/am in the process of completing all the required & preferred classes

I was wondering if anyone got any info on scholarships/financial aid? (Maybe the letter gets posted at 5?) I’m truly very grateful for my acceptance, but I’m terrified that the cost is going to stop me from going? Congrats to all those who got in & best of luck for those on the waitlist!!?? If you didn’t get in, remember that it’s not the end of the world! Everything happens for a reason ??

So I just got accepted here are my stats:

Major: Engineering
GPA: 3.313
Major GPA: 3.7

I’m also taking classes at my local community college to get ahead which is something I thought I should mention. Congrats to all my future classmates and thank you to everyone for their advice and comfort.

@LeviR don’t lose hope yet! Did you complete all the required/recommended classes for your intended major?

I got in!!!

yeah all classes