Virginia Tech Transfer Fall 2020

3.66 GPA. Applied under General admission from a VCCS school. College of liberal arts!

Accepted!!!
I completed 2 semesters at VCU and came out with a 3.48 gpa. I had 2 W’s on my record from chem+lab my second semester but took those classes over the summer at NOVA + calculus. Got a B in calc and a C in chem. Coming out to a 2.5 gpa. So I had those 2 gpas being evaluated. But I’m sure my vcu gpa held more weight. My third semester at vcu I withdrew from ALL of my classes due to a medical leave of absence. I simply explained that in both my app and through an email. They just responded saying that withdrawals won’t affect their evaluation of your course work. DO NOT lose hope based on your specific circumstances. I thought I had no chance but here I am!!! go Hokies heheh

Accepted!

Major: finance
GPA: 3.375 (but I had an extenuating circumstance that impacted my GPA)

School I’m transferring from: JMU

I also applied to UVA, so I’m not sure if I’ll actually be attending Virginia Tech, but it’s such a relief that I’ll be able to transfer and not have to be stuck at jmu! Also I was waitlisted when I originally applied in HS with a 3.9

I got in!!!

@plzaccept1989 Nice! I had 1 W on my transcript from my first semester as well. I was told the college doesn’t like seeing W’s, so I was really nervous. Congradulations!

Stats: 3.6 College GPA, a biology major sophmore

*sophomore

@Tenssaek Still no financial aid posted in my portal, it simply says “No award information available”

Hopefully, they update that soon

so no one else got waitlisted or denied? Great.

UVA typically takes 3.9 or 4.0 gpa transfers into McIntire

Hey there! I’m actually in the exact same boat. I’ve been waitlisted in high school and have been waitlisted once again.

I GOT IN!
Going into Fall 2020 as a sophomore (I’m currently a freshman at GMU)
GPA: 3.0
Major: Finance

@LeviR

girll u wanna talk about being roommates?? @transfertricia

I just emailed a person high up in the admissions office expressing my feelings.

@LeviR Do you mind sharing what they have to say?

I gotchu. I’m also calling them tomorrow.

@LeviR Do you think it might have do with the major you might be interested in? I know some majors are harder to get into.

Just got in!!!
Going into Fall 2020 as a sophomore and a Microbiology with pre med major.
3.42 GPA
Looking for a roommate for the Transfer Experience once we are able to apply for housing and stuff!!

Also I’m waiting on other colleges as well and one of yall might be able to take my spot