Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2017

Yeah I know its just sometimes easier to ask people who may have had past experiences than to try and contact the admissions

I feel you on that. So what school did you apply to at VT?

@WhoTouchedMyTaco I applied to the Pamplin College of Business! I went to the Instant Decision Day and they asked for my midterm grades. I have around a 3.3 GPA so I’m hoping to hear back this Friday as well

I applied to the same school too! You definitely should be hearing back this Friday since you went to Instant Decision Day. I’m surprised that you didn’t hear back during the first week of March though.

Are you coming from a VCCS?

Yeah, I am! Is that where you’re coming from?

Yup! I’m coming from Northern Virginia Community College.

How was instant decision day?

It was super quick and nerve wracking! I just sat down and they gave me a piece of paper of everything I needed to do and asked if I had any questions. It would’ve been a little better if I got accepted, but at least they’re still considering me lol. When did you apply?

Interesting. I would have thought that they would tell you whether or not you got accepted on the spot.

I applied in the afternoon on 2/15, and they began reviewing my application on March 1st.

I applied for the College of Science

How do you know when they began reviewing your application?

Once they have everything that they need from you, then they can start the review process. For instance, let’s assume you sent your application on Feb. 14, and sent out your transcripts on Feb 24th. Your application is already in, but they don’t start reviewing your application until your transcripts arrive. Thus, your transcripts hit their desk on Feb 27th, and that’s the day when they can start reviewing your application.

So, once your transcripts come in, that’s when they begin reviewing your application.

Whats your gpa? If you don’t mind sharing. I’m just getting more and more nervous as tomorrows approaching since my gpa is a little low

I was wondering How’d you guys know that some people were suppose to find out today?

@WhoTouchedMyTaco

VT admissions twitter

I think they’re suppose to release some decisions today after 5pm.

https://mobile.twitter.com/followmetovt?lang=en

3.828 @gohokies9652

@WhoTouchedMyTaco oh lol you should be totally fine!

Did anyone hear back today?