Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2017

Good luck to everyone that remains in the pool! Everything will turn out fine!

Any idea when the next wave is coming?

@Ronswansonkazmi the last wave is April 28th!

@gohokies9652 so is that the next round or is there a round before april 28th?

Thanks @gohokies9652 . These last 2 weeks will be the worst. I’m applying from NYU with a 3.33 in Chemical Engineering.

I got in my mailbox today an acceptance letter for the General Engineering program for the Fall, coming from Tidewater Community college.

For those that want / need a comparison;
3.9 GPA

400 volunteer hours

Applied to duke as well, gonna be a hard choice!!

@Ronswansonkazmi we have the same GPA! I applied to the school of business, and I know these next 2 weeks are gonna be so agonizing

Anyone need housing? I am transferring out of VT and have a private bed and bath in a 4 bed /4 bath town house located in the Edge apt. complex. It is just steps away from campus. I share it with three other VT students. Rent is $785/month and starts 8/1. Unit includes all utilities, washer/dryer in unit, fitness center and much more. Contact me if interested or want to arrange a showing.

Anyone know what the login page is? I swear I have like 10 different VT accounts.

Application Status Page:

https://banweb.banner.vt.edu/ssb/prod/gzbkwbis.P_WWWLogin

3 hours left

What the hell, I was admitted to an undeclared major last year out of high school to Virginia Tech, re-applied this year to the same major with same second choice with a 4.0 and was denied outright. Ugh…

Just got accepted!!!

@kelssm4 stats?

@CasimirPulaski1

I went to JMU for a semester then NVCC for an associate’s in science
College GPA 4.0
ACT 31
HS GPA 3.5? I can’t really recall

Also just got into UVA!

@kelssm4 if you got denied with a 4.0 you must be missing some required classes.

I got accepted yesterday at 5:05 im so excited!! But for everyone else keep your heads up and dont forget you can appeal the decision to possibly try to convince them that you deserve to get in !!

I am transferring from Virginia Tech and am looking for someone to replace my spot at Terrace View. Let me know if you’d like to take my spot! You’ll be living with three great dudes.

I am also leaving VT to transfer closer to home. Looking for someone to take my spot in The Edge Townhouses. You will have a private bed and bath all furnished. all utilities included. You’ll live with three other guys from Tech.

So I got the decision and I got waitlisted. The thing is without the spring semester grades I’m at a 3.0, but once my spring semester grades are in I should be at a 3.2. That should put me in guaranteed admission, I think. If I send an appeal do you think Vtech will change their decision and accept me in. Anyone have the same experience as me?