VT Aerospace Reputation

<p>My choices for college are Purdue, VT, NC State, Clemson, and USCarolina. Purdue was ranked 4th in the nation on one list I looked at for Aerospace engineering. I was wondering if anyone knew what VT's aerospace engineering reputation was. I know they are ranked right around mid-20s in engineering overall, and Purdue is ranked between 9th and 11th.</p>

<p>I think you are using grad school rankings rather than undergrad. USNWR ranks Purdue at 9 and VT at 15 for undergrad engineering. I can’t tell you anything about Aero.</p>

<p>USNWR info from 2010:
The College of Engineering ranks at No. 13 among the nation’s top 20 U.S. engineering schools, a move up from last year’s placement at No. 14.
Virginia Tech’s College of Engineering traditionally is rated as one of the top 20 U.S. undergraduate engineering schools that offer doctorate degrees. The college tied with the undergraduate programs at Northwestern University and the University of Wisconsin-Madison. This again places Virginia Tech among the highest percent of more than 600 institutions accredited by the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology. Among public universities, the College of Engineering ranks seventh.</p>

<p>In engineering specialty programs, Virginia Tech’s Grado Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering program ranks fourth in the nation for industrial/manufacturing engineering; the Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics program ranks fifth for engineering science and 17th for materials engineering; aerospace and ocean engineering ranks 11th; the Charles E. Via Jr. Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering civil program ranks 11th, while environmental segment ranks ninth; mechanical engineering ranks 13th; and electrical and computer engineering ranks 15th. The biological systems engineering department, shared with the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, ranked eighth in the nation among biological/agricultural programs.</p>