VT Early Decision or Regular Admission

I’m a rising senior with a 2030 SAT score. my junior year my classes were AB Calc, AP Chem, and AP psychology. I received an A-, B, and A respectively. I got As in my core classes that were honors classes. I got a B- for human anatomy which gives no weight. overall my GPA ended up being 3.83. based on my GPA, SAT, and my academic rigor should I apply early decision (I heard VT is more lenient on early applications) or should I wait and submit my application later after my first semester of senior year in which I’m taking 5 APs (although I’m not sure how well I would do). also would I be able to send additional information to them if I got rejected from early decision?

Waiting for good results to boost your overall application from your first semester is one of the best reasons for anyone to wait for RD and eschew ED or EA.

Also once a person is rejected from EA/ED, there is no further consideration. Deferrals can send addit info.

How would you say I fare getting into VT in my current standing? Also I fear that my grades might be worse senior year - is EA/ED more lenient at VT?

Major? Math/Reading SAT score (Writing does not factor in)? In or Out of State? Also, ED is harder not easier to get in (more selective). They would be looking at your 1st qtr grades.

I know very few qualified, which based on above you are, students rejected from ED. Normally, they are deferred to RD and re-evaluated with the additional information provided at that time. If you already fear your grades will be worse senior year, maybe you should consider the course load? The admissions officers always told us that taking a AP class and getting a B or below is not better that taking a “regular” class and getting an A. Just a thought. As to can you get in, need to know major, SAT breakdown, in or out of state, etc. to better guess. But, then it will still be a guess. ED is more selective/harder than RD BTW.