VT rescinding admissions

<p>How common is it to get your undergraduate admissions rescinded? My third quarter grades of senior year are really bad and I'm very nervous. Did anyone get there's rescinded, if so how low were your grades? Or did anyone get really low grades and not get there's rescinded, how low were they? Thanks!</p>

<p>It happens, not that often, but the potential is there.</p>

<p>You probably are going to be more specific as to what “really bad” grades are. I know some kids who think an A- is really bad and others that a D+ is ok. What were your grades when you applied and how much have they dropped? Remember, they will not see 3rd quarter grades. They got a semester grade report from first semester and they won’t see anything again until the end of the year. They will then just see final grades for each class. So best advice is buckle down and don’t risk bad grades for the year.</p>

<p>We’re going to JMU, but there were actually two references in the offer letter about maintaining grades. Scary, indeed!</p>

<p>What I did was google everything on colleges rescinding offers I could find. There is a lot out there. It should give you a feel.</p>

<p>It would all be easier if the University said something empirical like no less than 0.5 drop in GPA, but they don’t do that.</p>