Wake Forest Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Last year was Dec. 15. Not that that is predictive. Just fyi.

1 Like

maybe but normally campuses tend to do it before everyone leaves for break, the 21st seems to close to the holidays

1 Like

I think they’ve had a lot more applicants this year. But they’re definitely leaving it late. If we are rejected then we have another school we want to ED2. But schools out on the 21st and we need the GC to sign off on the ED application. School is out until past the ED2 date of January 1st. So I hope WFU gets in soon to give us that are rejected time to get our ED2’s together.

2 Likes

What’s your ED2 school? We’re mulling options but school’s already out for us so we might be sending an all-caps subject line email to D’s counselor.

2 Likes

Syracuse or possibly Tulane. Thinking Syracuse though. Both football vibe. Love both.

3 Likes

I am guessing the last ED1 notice will come out tonight after 7pm. Good luck to those anxiously waiting!

2 Likes

I hope you’re right. Eagerly awaiting. Let me know if y’all hear anything…

My friend who applied ED1 to wake said the college only downloaded her FAFSA yesterday. I thought the 21st and I’m still thinking the 21st. It’s after 7pm. Do you think it’s over for tonight?

3 Likes

They’re there! No email yet but I saw The Link!

1 Like

Denied. Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

Hugs!

3 Likes

Deferred. Says deferred to RD. I thought WF deferred to the ED2 round. Was I mistaken about that? What are the chances of acceptance now? I know there’s hope because if they wanted to reject D they would have just done that. But this feels so weird and uncertain.

1 Like

The deferrals go to the regular pool. This is from the Wake files that might help. "I've Been Deferred." | Undergraduate Admissions

2 Likes

My D was deferred. Very upset. Seemed to have the same qualifications as many applicants who were accepted in prior months. Does this mean she has to wait until April to learn if she will be accepted? Wake will not review and decide with the February EDII decisions?

She’s in with the regular decision pool unfortunately

1 Like

Reading the letter again, it seems that deferred applicants are on the RD timeline (decision in March), but not actually in the RD pool. The deferred applicants still have an advantage in terms of expressed interest. And they aren’t being evaluated from scratch. My D says WF is still her top choice, so I just have to hope that midyear grades will put her application over the finish line. If you take them at their word, according to that letter, then submitting additional documentation and a LOCI should do the trick for most deferred students with great senior year stats.

Edited to add: Based on that blog post upthread, they also want deferred kids to nurture a relationship with their admissions rep. Show them how much you want it.

1 Like

Wake Forest admissions blog said that ED applications were up 25 percent this year. That’s a big jump in one year.

2 Likes

DD just applied ED2 to Wake. Does she have a shot with these stats?:

4.21 Weighted GPA (3.85 u/w)
1400 SAT (she submitted it)
7 APs / 2 Honors
NJ residence,
Outstanding ECs - President of Speech and Debate team and has won tournaments + finaled at large state tournaments, HS team is nationally ranked, ~100 members; started a charity in Covid that raised $10K for food banks and serves as Chair of a Junior Board for the largest foodbank in NJ; Black Belt in Karate; 4 year varsity sport player; Serves on Advisory Committee for Senator Corey Booker
Amazing essays - she’s a speaker and writer and her essays are great
Full pay, no aid - and they emailed us to confirm it
Big Wake Forest sports fan and was very effusive about that in her video

Thoughts? This process is awful. :frowning:

Thank you!

3 Likes

What were your daughter’s stats? What state are you from and did you check full pay? These are apparently important factors.

@NYCMOM73 my opinion - I think your daughter has more than a 50 percent chance ED2. The average SAT was 1430 in ED1, and she is just below that. Her GPA may be just little lower than the average too. Depends on rigor of your school - even if school doesn’t rank - is she roughly top 20%? Her ECs are great though (and a good match for Wake) so hoping that will help put her over the edge. Good luck!!