Wake Forest Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

My DD23 applied to Wake Forest (ED) earlier this August when the common application opened. Interview (virtual) scheduled this week. Anyone else also trying to finish the application process this month for a end of September (rolling) decision?

3 Likes

Do you know who the interview is with?

@jpga13 / no information other than a day and time. The email says that she will receive access info 1 hour before her scheduled time. Any last minute advice?

The interviews are pretty casual. Make sure they know some books well. Like if they ask about something you’re reading, make sure you’re actually reading it and understand the concept. Knows the schools motto, Pro Humanitate, and keep in mind what they can offer the school, community, etc. It was really laid back and there weren’t really any tough questions or anything. They just really wanted to get to know the student.

2 Likes

Yes. My D submitted her ED app on 8/2/22 and had her interview today. Now we wait. Hope to hear in a few weeks :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

@JDeere7658 our Ds are on the same timeline. The website blog indicates with all application materials received in August, we will hear by end of September. I am guessing that to mean Friday 9/30. I do hope it’s earlier. Now we wait…., !!!

Hi. Has anyone heard back this cycle for ED? D has had all green check marks on portal since 9/13, already interviewed, wondering when we will hear back. She read somewhere that students receive email when their application is under review, but she hasn’t. Any insight?

Hi. Has your D heard back this cycle for ED? D has had all green check marks on portal since 9/13, already interviewed, wondering when we will hear back. She read somewhere that students receive email when their application is under review, but she hasn’t. Any insight?

@cmbigirl101 - The blog post on Wake Forest University website says if you have all green checks by end of August you will hear “end of September”. If you have all green checks in September you will hear “end of October”.

We are guessing my DD23 will hear on Friday 9/30 based on those facts.

Anyone else on CC anxiously waiting for ED Answer?

1 Like

Does anyone know what time they usually send out such ED decisions if the ED application was submitted by Aug. 5th?

@TeeP looking at last years threads it appears decisions came out on Fridays between 7pm and 8pm EST. My best guess the first wave will come out on Friday 9/30 if you have all your materials in by end of August. Hope I am wrong and it’s earlier but that’s my best guess.

Anyone else on CC have any other insight to day/time?

Still waiting to hear. I think it’ll be 9/30 but will keep checking just in case it’s sooner. Good luck all!

1 Like

Good luck to everyone applying to Wake! My son is working on his ED application. Question: At the top of the page for the secondary school report form and the teacher recommendation form, it says to mail the form to the WF address. Is that really the only way these forms can be sent? Seems odd. They can’t be uploaded on the Common App or somewhere else?

Also, the Common App indicates two teacher recommendations are possible for WF. Wake Forest seems to ask for one (in addition to the counselor/principal). Did you send in one or two teacher recommendations?

Thanks so much for any advice!

@AnnieT123 my D took care of the application submission so I don’t know the answer to what she did but there should a way to send the school report through the common app.

My D originally sent only 1 recommendation but the school uploaded the second one later without her consent when they were loading it for other school applications. Not really an issue though - it just wasn’t necessary.

If the school uses a platform like Naviance the counselor is able to upload the recommendations, transcript, and school report electronically that way. I’d ask the guidance department at the school how they handle that. Good luck.

Thanks! I was wondering if it was okay to send the second recommendation since it seems that it’s an option to do so.

1 Like

Yes, our school has Naviance. The printed forms for guidance and teacher recommendations (with the Wake address) confused me. Most schools just want a letter of recommendation uploaded. I’ll have my son double-check with his guidance counselor that these forms can be sent the same way as well. Thanks!

I think they have hard copies in case some want to go the old school route. My daughter is sending 2 plus her counselor’s, but I don’t think it matters too much if you send 1 or 2. I’m guessing they don’t want to be bombarded by applications that have numerous recommendations.

So excited!! My D23 was accepted to Wake Forest tonight ( a little after 7pm) ! She is over the moon happy right now!!

3 Likes

Congratulations to her. Do you mind sharing stats?

1 Like