Wake Forest Wait List

Has anyone heard updates about the Wake Forest wait lists? Anyone gotten in? TIA! :slight_smile:

My D was waitlisted last year at Wake, UMiami and Clemson. Never heard from any of them. Hope you can get excited about your chosen school.

Yes he is excited about his selected/deposited school - just think he could have done better (whatever that means, I am talking reputation, I know a loaded response). This seemed like a very competitive year for students!!!

Yes, I have heard that. I know a high stats senior who decided to take a gap year. Best of luck.

tx!!! My son was waitlisted at Clemson too - fyi!

2 Likes

i was also waitlisted and i haven’t heard anything. wake is my dream so i’m praying there’s a chance i get off the waitlist. my stats were pretty good and i’ve maintained a good academic standing throughout my senior year so i’m hoping for good news :crossed_fingers: i was also waitlisted at johns hopkins but i’m praying wake gets back to me soon, i know i haven’t seen anything from wake about the waitlist yet

my stats incase anyone was curious:
29 ACT
6 APs (my school only offers 6)
99.7614 (my school uses 100pt scale)
11 years competitive horseback riding, math + chemistry tutor, state science club for 6 years

I just got a call today and was accepted! You

2 Likes

Oops didn’t mean to put you

Did you get a phone call or email that you were off the waitlist?

1 Like

Phone call

Congrats! Did you accept the spot?

I did! Go deacs!

2 Likes

When you got a phone call, was it from a private number?

1 Like

Has there been any movement off of the wait list since early May?

I haven’t heard of anyone getting a call since May4/5. Admissions told us that the class was mostly set and any additions would be nominal. They also posted that update on the admissions blog.

Historically, it seems like they set the class in early July with a couple of offers, if necessary to make their numbers. With over 1,000 kids waiting nervously, it isn’t the information anyone wants to hear, but I hope it helps.

Mine was offered a spot about a week ago, so there are still a few here and there I guess.

For people searching for waitlist acceptances in the future… the waitlist is officially closed as of early August.