Walnut Hill School for the Arts 2023 Acceptance and Negotiating Financial Aid

Hello! I am an incoming senior violinist currently preparing extensively for college auditions. I was accepted to Walnut Hill School for the Arts as a Music major yesterday and I was so thrilled! However, while I did receive financial aid, which I am entirely grateful for, it is still out of reach for my family. Families who currently are a part of the Walnut Hill community, or families that attend boarding prep schools in general - what are your experiences with paying tuition at these schools and what are some ways to negotiate more financial aid, if this is even possible. I have wanted to attend this school for so long due to the flexibility of easily being prepared for and auditioning for various colleges. My current public high school is not very flexible in these cases, and I have already been told by administration at my school that if I miss too many days of school to audition for colleges that it would impact my chances at graduating, even though I’m at the top of my class. I’m truly grateful for the opportunity to audition this year and be accepted, and I really hope financial reasons will prohibit me from attending. Thank you all so much in advance!

You’d need to speak with your AO and financial aid department. Most schools have an appeal process through which you can ask for a review of your financial aid. However, you are not likely to get an answer until close to or after A10.

2 Likes