Was I given the wrong Scholarship?

I just received my acceptance letter from U of A, and I received the Arizona Recognition award of $8000. I’m an OOS applicant with a 3.89 unweighted GPA and a 1400 on the SAT, which matches with the Arizona Distinction Award of $25,000. (It looks like I received the award that matches my GPA, but not my SAT score). Does anyone have any clue on why I received a smaller award/who I should contact to figure it out? TIA

@lamelauren. Did you submit multiple SAT scores? ACT scores? Were any under 1100? It could be that if so. If not it could be a core gpa calculation? Did you calculate that per their criteria? Each year U Of Arizona has terms and conditions so check there. If U of A is a school you are interested in I would call them and ask. It can’t hurt to ask

Looking at the chart, it looks like you received the “no test score submitted” award for your GPA. They only count if you submit an official test score report from the college board. They won’t just take your word for it on the application.

If you officially submitted a test score, definitely call.

My son (oos) got accepted with a higher gpa, but a lower SAT than you, and received a higher scholarship
offer than that. I would definitely call admissions and ask.

@lamelauren, did you get a response from the school? My daughter has a similar issue so thought of asking if you had luck on this

@lamelauren and @ssundar100 - did either of you have any luck getting clarification from the school on why you didn’t receive the amount that was listed on their website? I was wondering how accurate that chart really is for OOS students with the given GPA and SAT scores.