Washington & Lee Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Decision 1 (ED1) deadline for Washington and Lee University is November 1. Early Decision 2 (ED2) is January 1.

https://www.wlu.edu/admissions/applying/requirements/first-year-applicants/

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

For reference, some info about the Class of 2026 Profile (Fall 22 admission).

The Class of 2026 features the highest number of international students in an entering class at W&L, with 26 countries represented, and a continued increase in the number of domestic students of color. Ten percent of the incoming first-year class are the first generation in their family to attend college; the same percentage are the children of W&L alumni. Ten students are attending Washington and Lee through the Yellow Ribbon program, the post-9/11 GI Bill that funds tuition at any school at a rate equal to the highest public in-state tuition and fees.

2 Likes

My son applied ED1 from California. Anyone else out there waiting? If you love Washington and Lee, there really isn’t a second choice. It is unique. This will be the longest week of his (our) life!

3 Likes

Good luck to anyone waiting on ED decisions this week!

~~ from the parent of a happy Class of 2025 student

1 Like

Friday at 8pm ET! Making the wait just a little bit longer… Agony.

2 Likes

Sure is quiet in here. DD accepted. She is super excited. Anyone else?

5 Likes

Congratulations and welcome!

If you have not already, join the parents FB page (Washington and Lee Parents (current and past).) and MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS FOR PARENTS WEEKEND… there are limited hotels and they book up.

3 Likes

Thanks! I already did :relaxed:. A lot of the hotels were already sold out. Luckily, I was able to find a hotel nearby. I’m also on the waitlist for some of the nicer downtown hotels.

2 Likes

Do you know when Johnson interview will be announced? Thanks.

Would love to know that as well.

1 Like

Are you referring to the finalists announcement? If so, that has been released in early Feb in recent years.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

I’m super excited that I got in.
Did anyone else get in? Stats?

Got in for ED? Or Johnson?

Congratulations!

Got in for Early decision, but have not heard back from Johnson yet!

Congratulations

Congratulations! :blue_heart: :white_heart: :blue_heart: :white_heart:

There are several parents of current students who are active on CC and follow this page. Let us know if you have any question. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does not getting an interview mean that I have already been eliminated?

Does not getting an interview mean that I have already been eliminated? I am super confused tho! I applied in RD.