Washington & Lee Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Applying to Washington & Lee in 2022? Decisions are expected by April 1st, and last year they were released right on April 1st.

This is a space for the class of 2026 to connect with other applicants to share stats, admissions updates and results. Good luck everyone!

1 Like

Did anyone here apply for Johnson? It seems like in previous years, interview invites/finalist notifications went out end of January. Last year, it was mid February.

I am guessing the mid-february was because of an influx of applicants, and they were probably already sure it was going to be online meaning they wouldn’t have to give people more time to make sure they would be able to travel.

When I visited this year, the AO giving a presentation at the admissions session said that they were planning on it being in person this year. I feel like they would want to revert back to the end of January notifications to give people more notice on that especially concerning travel, but perhaps they are planning on moving it to be online because of omicron. And, it might not be possible because of increased applications.

2 Likes

My daughter applied.

I wanted an update also, so I called admissions. She said first or second week of February - likely mid-February.

Finalist weekend still planned for in person March 5.

3 Likes

Good to know, thank you! Is finalist weekend just the weekend typically? (I guess I might not have to worry about this as I might not be a finalist!)

I applied for the Johnson scholars program this year and am also waiting. When will we typically know about the scholarship?

Mid February = finalist notifications (aka interview invites)
Early March = interviewing
end of March (?) = notifications

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: hoping for the best.

1 Like

Mom of a Johnson recipient here - just wanted to pop in and say good luck. Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

6 Likes

@TrendaLeigh, you were so much help to us last year when my D went through the Johnson process. :hugs: :blue_heart: :white_heart: :blue_heart: :white_heart:

My D is a Johnson Class of 2025. Good luck to all and happy to share her experience. Although, it was all virtual for her so I’m happy to hear they are planning to have the weekend in person this year. My D is looking forward to hosting in her dorm room. :grinning:

2 Likes

Do you remember the date invites were sent out? Thanks.

Here is the link to last year. It was mid-February.

1 Like

It’s official!
Decisions(EDII) will be out on Friday, January 28, beginning at 8:00 p.m. EST.
Did anyone else receive the email?

Do Johnson invites usually come out the same day as EDII?

Johnson isn’t coming out until mid-February…I contacted my AO when sending an update.

1 Like

Spoke with AO today, Johnson finalist notifications are ‘imminent’ and visit is still slated to be on campus

6 Likes

Ahhh so maybe this week?

THANK YOU for updating!! I am literally so nervous right now and have been trying to keep myself busy but also not get my hopes up. So if they’re about to happen, I would guess by Friday ish perhaps?

I heard that decisions always come on a Friday, so I can infer that we will get an email today announcing the decision on Friday (and that I am getting selected as a finalist :wink:

Friday sounds right, I was looking at previous forums and that lines up with it. Best of luck!

Good luck to you! AO did not specify exact day but I was led to believe ‘this week.’
We have Spring Break on the Johnson weekend and have been waiting to book plane tickets until we know!