Weather?

The ‘being outside’ thing should be a consideration for a lot of schools. I lived in Denver for a long time where everyone is outside all the time. Then I lived in Minneapolis for 5 years and the thing that probably bothered me the most was being inside so much. There were times in Jan, Feb, March where you didn’t go outside at all! I’d drive from my heated garage to the office garage (not heated) back home. Only time I actually went outside was to run from the parking lot into the grocery store. There are walkways in Downtown Mpls and St Paul that connect the buildings so you don’t even have to go outside on your lunch hour to get food or to go to a meeting in another building.

A lot of colleges in cold weather places have tunnels to get between buildings.

Too hot, too cold. Goldilocks problems.

My D is a freshman this year and I lived in Miami for 12 years. In our opinion, the weather beginning in late-October through about mid-April is an absolutely fantastic time of the year! I agree that the summer months can be brutal. Yes, fire ants are a pain, but the kind of grass that grows in South Florida isn’t very nice to sit on anyhow:)