Weather?

<p>Everybody always talks about how the weather in Miami is great and everything, but is it really that good? I mean, I know the weather must be pretty ok during the winter months when compared to cities up north, but how does it fair during the warmer months like May, August, and September? Doesn't the high humidity make you all sweaty, sticky, and gross? I'm saying this because I am not used to humidity at all! I literally live in the middle of the desert where it gets really hot, but it's dry heat. What makes the weather so great if it's that humid? Excuse my ignorance.</p>

<p>I think it's the Northerners that really appreciate the weather in Miami. It's so nice to be able to go out and enjoy the beach, the warm balmy nights, the pool on campus, just being outside all year long. It does get hot and sticky and can be uncomfortable in those very hot months, but the alternative is freezing your butt off all winter long!</p>

<p>^haha, yeah, that's what i thought. but, what about us desert dwellers that are so used to dry heat?</p>

<p>Where are you from? I'm from AZ same question</p>

<p>Guess you guys are going to have to tough it out. haha</p>

<p>I went to UMiami over the summer & it honestly wasn't that bad. Of course, there was a bit of "wow! it's hot!" the first day, but I got used to it. The AC in the dorm I stayed at was really intense-my rooommate and I actually turned it to the lowest it could go and we still needed blankets, etc in July.</p>

<p>well I live in Miami, 20 min. from UM. The weather's not that bad during the summer, it's hot but not unbearably and although there's some humidity a lot of times you'll be inside with the AC and won't really notice it. Honestly, I prefer it over the freezing weather up north and when I mean by it's hot in Miami, it's in the 80s, I assume Arizona's hotter.</p>

<p>I'm looking forward to the weather! Will make a change from England!!</p>

<p>Yah Arizona's like 105's in the summer</p>

<p>We were discussing this in school today, actually. Miami has some of the least variable temperatures in the country. Go to weather.com and look at the curve representing average highs or lows -- it is relatively flat. Our summer highs are in the low 90's and our winter highs are in the 60's. Look at Tucson, AZ which has winter highs in the 60's also but reaches, on average 101 in July. Or look at New York which has summer highs in the 80's but lows in the 30's.
The humidity is a tradeoff, I guess that comes with heat that isn't completely excessive, and cold that is truly mild. It does get cold from time to time (high 30's for probably 4 or 5 days a year) but it is a lovely change of pace. And the last time it hit 100 was years and years ago.
So... the weather is not perfect, but really nice. I definite check in the Pro column if you are considering attending school in Miami. :)</p>

<p>The humidity sucks, not gonna lie. My hair hates it. But the only really unbearably hot months we have are the end of August and September. Other than that, the highs don't go much higher than 80. Even during finals in May it's not too bad. August is really the worst, but like someone else said, it's better than freezing for 5 months.</p>