Wharton LBW 2021

I don’t think so. It said March. 26th but I am not sure.

yep @collegethingspls you’re right they’ve said decisions are released on 26th March

Is anyone planning on rolling over admission in case they get in? Cuz this online program doesn’t sound too prestigious, but visiting Penn and doing LBW in 2022 would be a great opportunity.

1 Like

@APburnout thanks for the info!

I was going through some previous forums for LBW too, and many people were torn between attending LaunchX and LBW, so assumed there must be some sort of prestige

Also about the pre-bacc program, if we get into LBW 2021, then do we have to apply for the pre-bacc program or do we automatically get accepted based on our LBW app?

Yeah, that’s true. I got into YYGS and Launch X so far, now I’m just waiting for LBW. In my personal list, LBW trumps all, followed by Launch X, and YYGS.

I think you automatically get accepted

Great idea and will do! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Anybody received the email saying the program is online and only two weeks at$4000?

Yes, sadly.

I heard that you got into Launch X and are still waiting on the LBW decision (On their website it states that they release their decisions like March 26th). I’m in a similar situation where I got into Launch X but want to go to LBW. Have you paid the commitment fee for Launch X yet?

Yeah, I’m still waiting on the LBW decision sadly. I already paid the commitment fee for Launch X because I was an early applicant, so I got my decision back in January. If I get into LBW, I’ll do both because dates don’t conflict… I’ll have to figure out a way to pay for it lmao. If you decide to attend Launch X, there’s a small gc of people attending; let me know, and I can add you to it. I wish you the best for LBW!

Thank you so much!

I started an application for essentials of finance but I wasn’t planning on submitting, and I just logged into the portal and it says the deadline has passed. on the website the priority decision deadline is 2/26 but the regular decision deadline is 4/15. does that mean that they’re only doing priority decisions to limit the amount of people who can apply/is there another significance of this?

So I was taking a look at the dates and Launch X ends on July 30 and LBW starts on July 18. Is there a later session for LBW that I can change to?

Ok, so essentially, LBW doesn’t exist anymore. If you go on google and type in Wharton LBW and click on the main link that worked before, the page doesn’t exist; it instead tells you to enter a password. There is, however, a new program on their website that says, ‘Wharton Business Leadership Academy.’ This appears to have taken the place of LBW, as they addressed in their email to applicants. They don’t mention the number of accepted students on their website- it is probably significantly higher than the 120 previously accepted into LBW. In terms of dates on the LBW website, these are the virtual program session dates they offer… (June 7 — June 18 / June 21 — July 2 / July 12 — July 23 / July 26 — August 6 ). If you were accepted, you could request the June 7th-18th dates; that shouldn’t conflict with Launch X. However, I am kind of sad because Wharton now conflicts with YYGS :((

Yeah. Now, on the website it says the program is “selective” and before it said “highly selective” so they probably take more people.

1 Like

I just hope it doesn’t turn into another cash cow program.

So does that mean that if I applied to LBW, I technically applied to Wharton Business Leadership Academy, and is LBW gone forever or just for this year because of COVID? I know that you probably don’t know the answers to these questions. haha sorry :slight_smile:

Hey so actually as per the email, if you get accepted to LBW, you have the opportunity to either attend this online 2 week course, or you can defer your enrollment to the physical, in person LBW in 2022. They’ve also said you can enroll yourself in a pre-bacc program this year in lieu of your LBW admission.

Got it! That helps a lot!

1 Like