What are my chances of getting into McGill’s Faculty of Arts? [4.0 GPA]

I’m a U.S. public high school student entering my senior year. I have a 4.0 GPA (unweighted, my school doesn’t provide weighted), a 1370 SAT that I’m not planning on submitting since McGill is test optional for 2024. I also have taken 5 AP classes so far (between grades 9-11) and am going to take 4 more this coming year. I would really appreciate your feedback on weather I am likely to be accepted into McGill’s Faculty of Arts!

Admissions at McGill is very stats based.

Which makes this important.

I think that your chances are very good.

2 Likes

Yay! Thank you. And yeah exactly, I didn’t want to put down extracurriculars and stuff since those don’t matter for them.

1 Like

The faculty of arts has different majors with different established baseline admission standards from 2022/23, so you should consult the specific historical stats for your intended major to assess your chances.

would have thought 4.0 is very strong for most if not all, but everything is in the detail.

1 Like

Pretty much a safety for Arts.

4 posts were split to a new thread: Questions about McGill

A post was merged into an existing topic: Questions about McGill

Please note that I’ve split off the new poster’s McGill question into its own thread to no hijack this one. Link is above.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.