What are my chances?

Hi, I’m currently a high school senior in NY and I’m planning to apply to SOM at SUNY Binghamton. I was wondering what are my chances of getting in based on my application:
Sat score: 1380/1600
GPA(Weighted): 3.65
AP classes: AP Us history and Ap calculus BC
Extracurricular Activities: Volunteer at Assembly Member William Colton, SYEP Employee as a Sophomore, College Now Class over the summer, Member of UNISEF, Member of Ping pong club, and journalist for my school’s newspaper

I think SoM will be a reach for you because you are instate. However, you should get into harpur no problem. If you are dead set on business or accounting, I would have a backup choice like albany or baruch in case you don’t get in.Just don’t enroll in harpur with the plan on doing an internal transfer to SoM because that is close to impossible to do even if you have a high GPA.

@sprinkles12

sprinkles sprinkles sprinkles, are you kidding me? 1380 SAT score and you say it is a reach? Do not get me wrong, admissions is fickle so there are never any guarantees and I understand that there are many deferred from SOM for EA with 32 ACT etc but eventually I believe @FutureCollege321 has an excellent chance of getting in whether it is EA or RD.

I know how competitive SOM is,and like I said, there are never any guarantees, but 1380 is a very strong score. We are not talking about Wharton or NYU STERN here.

I would say that future college is a good fit, not a reach.

Yeah, the thing is SoM is so random though and they want high SATs for their instate students. You hear about people with high scores getting rejected or sent to harpur. It really depends on how many people apply this year, where are they from and what their scores are. If they were from out of state they would be accepted in a heartbeat. Anyway, he seems to have really good scores so he should have no problem getting into many other fine schools, including some with merit aid. He does have a very good shot at SoM and should still apply.