What are my chances?

<p>Hey guys,</p>

<p>I was just wondering what my chances would be of getting into Purdue. I'm an entering Senior this year. </p>

<p>Here what i have so far:</p>

<p>GPA: 3.1 w (i know its not so great, but only one aspect)
SAT: 1860; 700 Math, 590 Writing, 570 Reading
ACT: 28
<em>by the way, i will be retaking both of those very soon</em></p>

<p>Next Year I'll be taking
AP Comp Sci
AP Stats</p>

<p>I've already taken (didn't do so well though)
AP World History - 1
AP United States History - 2
AP Physics B - 3</p>

<p>Varsity Tennis for 2 Years
Track and Field for 2 Years
Cross Country for 1 year</p>

<p>In about 3 clubs. I'm also planning on creating one this coming year.</p>

<p>Ethnicity: African American</p>

<p>So what do you think?</p>

<p>okay chances if you send it in early.
GPA is very low so getting in might not be the hardest part but staying in could be even harder?</p>

<p>I agree...I think you'll get in but will have a hard time staying in...especially if you're an engineer...what major are you planning on?</p>

<p>i'm planning on majoring in computer science.</p>

<p>bump___________<strong><em>/</em></strong>_____________</p>

<p>i think comp sci is an easier major but still hard so you'll have to work hard...but you should be a shoo in to get in</p>

<p>haha well now i've kind of changed my major(s).</p>

<p>Electrical Engineering & Computer Science. :)</p>

<p>GPA is very low for engineering.
you might get in but staying in after the first year might be pretty hard for you! Research how many kids with your GPA got in and how many made it past the first year and how many finished the degree</p>

<p>i still think you'll get in but if you go EE and comp sci i'm almost positive you will fail out...unless you're like the most studious kid i know you'll probably fail out...no offense but i know lots of people with higher scores than you who failed out. and your ap scores show that you're gonna need to study hard in college.</p>

<p>is purdue really that hard???</p>

<p><em>sigh</em> oh boy. this could be trouble. o.o</p>

<p>What would my chances be for First Year Engineering? Any help would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>GPA: 3.76 unweighted
ACT: 28</p>

<p>I'm in 4 clubs and I'm taking AP Physics, AP Composition and an Engineering class.</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>^ I don't see any reason why you would get rejected.</p>

<p>But would I be able to "hang in there," so to speak?</p>

<p>Let's put it this way. Engineering is probably the hardest major at Purdue. Most people don't get past sophomore year. If you get to junior year, you're almost assured to graduate. The reason people don't make it out of sophomore year is because many people are not responsible and always had their parents helping them or telling them to do stuff etc. In college, you are on your own and the decisions you make affect you and no one is there to tell you what to do. Now judging purely on ACT scores, a 28 should be good enough to succeed in engineering (by that I mean graduate). However, you must realize that you're going against a lot of people better than that and you're about average. Which means (especially because of curves), you have to work harder in order to get the same grade. Which means control your partying and stuff like that. College is a place to grow up and become responsible. It's just sad that most kids aren't ready to be on their own....so remember...just because you're smart isn't enough...you have to be responsible...</p>