What are my options?

Hi! I really love the thought of attending Purdue, but have had some problems with the application process. I applied November 1 after they extended the deadline for “Early Action” to November 8. The problem is that while I was on a tour there, a representative told me that it didn’t matter when I applied since there was supposedly only rolling admissions. My plan was to wait until I could put down that I was an Illinois State Scholar for sure. However, after getting the email, I decided to submit my application just in case. I’ve been accepted into first year engineering but have been told that I do not qualify for merit scholarships because my ACT score arrived 2 days late. Also, I now believe this has taken away my chance at the honors college.

I can’t go without aid. I do have other universities, but none that I have fallen in love with as much as Purdue.

Are there any options? What about taking a gap year to work and get some money? If I re-applied for the next year would I likely be accepted again but with merit scholarships?

ACT: 35 (35 E, 35 M, 35 R, 36 S, 12 W)
GPA: 5.45 W
Involved in a ton of clubs and organizations
Leadership Positions: Co-president Spanish Club, Editor In Chief Yearbook, Founder and Co-president of Recycling Club
Volunteer Work: Online Mentor and Volunteer Work with Miniature Therapy Horses
Honors: Quill and Scroll, National Honors Society, National Spanish Honors Society, and Illinois State Scholar

Thank you in advance. I’m just really upset that after all of my hard work for the past couple of years, a 2 day late ACT score is holding me back.