What are the gyms/workout facilities like?

<p>How many are there and are the relatively new facilities? I don't remember seeing any on the tour. Do they have basketball courts and cardio and free weights?</p>

<p>Natatorium [UW-Rec</a> Sports](<a href=“University Recreation & Wellbeing – Play hard. Get fit. Live well. – UW–Madison”>University Recreation & Wellbeing – Play hard. Get fit. Live well. – UW–Madison)</p>

<p>SERF (South East Recreational Facility) [UW-Rec</a> Sports](<a href=“University Recreation & Wellbeing – Play hard. Get fit. Live well. – UW–Madison”>University Recreation & Wellbeing – Play hard. Get fit. Live well. – UW–Madison)</p>

<p>The Shell [UW-Rec</a> Sports](<a href=“University Recreation & Wellbeing – Play hard. Get fit. Live well. – UW–Madison”>University Recreation & Wellbeing – Play hard. Get fit. Live well. – UW–Madison)</p>

<p>Nielsen Tennis Stadium [UW-Rec</a> Sports](<a href=“University Recreation & Wellbeing – Play hard. Get fit. Live well. – UW–Madison”>University Recreation & Wellbeing – Play hard. Get fit. Live well. – UW–Madison)</p>

<p>I’ve only been to the SERF, but it’s pretty nice. Not new or fancy, but definitely acceptable. Good cardio, definitely basketball courts, and I’m assuming weights but I haven’t seen them.</p>

<p>The SERF is pretty awesome. A little older, but has everything that you could ever want. A pool, huge selection of free weights / weight machines, racquetball courts, basketball courts, an indoor track, and cardio equipment. Can’t comment on any of the other facilities, but if you live in southeast, then the SERF has everything that you need.</p>

<p>Runners will enjoy using the indoor track at the Shell in the winter, it is next to Camp Randall (the football stadium).</p>

<p>Some of the best are the great outdoors. Runing or walking along the Lakeshore Path out to Picnic Point. Cross-country skiing in the Arb in winter. Just a great way to clear the head and get away mentally without going anywhere. No reservations needed.</p>

<p>Definitely research the UW website. There is so much no tour could cover half.</p>