What CI should I go to?

hi everyone!!

I am a incoming freshman and was wondering whether I should attend a CI in June or August. I know that the program is similar but I’ve heard that the ones in June are “more fun” but at the same time people have told me that those who go to the one in June typically lose contact with the people they meet rather than the ones who go to August. Was wondering when people have gone to CI in the past and their opinions about when to go.

Thanks!!

i think you get more out of the CI’s in June, and you do get some “help” in signing up for classes. if we could have done the June CI my D would have. WE did August, and while we could move in early, I felt like she did not get a lot of out it, as there was more excitement about being at school, and less about the CI experience. Also if you want to do any early move in programs besides CI , its hard to do both. i think it depends on your schedule, budget constraints, etc.

For most people, the June CI sessions are better. They provide the opportunity to speak with an advisor before registering, a chance to meet other students in which you can room with (through a roommate swap), and you can break-up the summer a bit more. Fall CI is nice mainly because you get to move-in early. It’s also necessary for students that live across the country and can’t absorb the costs of multiple trips to D.C. over the same summer.