What is one thing that makes UW-Madison stand out to you?

<p>The one thing that I absolutely love about UW-Madison in general is the sense of community at the sporting events or anywhere when I am visiting campus. Every time I hear "Varsity" I get shivers down my spine, I love it.</p>

<p>But, also the beauty of State Street, the Capital, and the lakes at night.</p>

<p>(these things make deciding on a University even harder)</p>

<p>What about you?</p>

<p>i love EVERYTHING about UW-Madison. If I must pick one though, I would say the people. Fun but not nerdy, concerned but still friendly, diverse but still tolerant.</p>

<p>I haven't been admitted yet but what draws me to the school is the balance of top rate academics and social life.</p>

<p>Social life, campus, and the big lake ( don't know the name of the campus lake)</p>

<p>the lake is mendota. and at the moment it is my enemy because of the amount of wind it allows onto the campus...</p>

<p>i love the sense of community, which i would not call a community in the classic sense because of the sheer size of the school.</p>

<p>Lake Mendota and Menona I believe, yeah great aesthetic features too.</p>

<p>The land between Lakes Mendota and Monona (ma-no-na is how I pronounced it growing up there) forms the isthmus that the Capitol building is on. The campus is on the shores of Lake Mendota, the largest lake. Lake Wingra is small and near the UW arboratum. There are 4 lakes- Lake Waubesa is southeast of the city.</p>

<p>ONE thing??? So many reasons to love my alma mater.</p>

<p>List the reasons wis75 : )</p>

<p>Tied IMO with Stanford for the best TV spot.</p>

<p>Yeah I didn't know the lake was that large, nor UW-Madison that close to downtown Madison.</p>

<p>(Anyone know how to check your post history, I remember making a post on OSU-Columbus recently... but can't find it.)</p>

<p>i would just click on your name in this thread and then click on view more posts by in the dropdown menu</p>

<p>Oh right thanks, I just had to go to my statistics.</p>

<p>Academics, Honors Program. Liberalness. Physical site- hills, trees, lake, Union , Lakeshore path, arboratum. State St. dorms, dorm food service. Size. Union Terrace. Is that enough? Sports- both recreational and spectator.</p>

<p>One thing? It is honestly impossible to choose only one. The people, campus, D1 sports, amazing academics, the social life, and the school spirit all make this university amazing.</p>