What is the average cost of attendance at U of W after all aid given

<p>I am going to apply to the U of Wisconsin next year and I was wondering what sort of financial aid Wisconsin gives. Currently I am a junior. Can you look at my information and give me a rough estimate. Here is a quick profile of me, if you need some figures to look at...</p>

<p>gpa: 3.9/4 (unweighted)
class load: max load (honors math-science-english-history, french 4 as junior); got college credit for U.S. history, European history, English Lang, Stats, French (through of U of Minn)
ec: speech, debate, NHS, French honors society, I will be participating in the National Speech Tournament at Dallas Texas this year
ACT: got 26 without knowing format of exam, probably can push it up to 29-31 range</p>

<p>personal info
-Eastern European by birth
-family income 80,000-100,000</p>

<p>If you cannot give a rough estimate, than can you post the amount of aid your friends got (if you want to)</p>

<p>$0.00 Loans only. Unless you have a big family or qualify for instate aid.</p>

<p>thanks for reply</p>

<p>Based on your stats today, you will most likely be admitted in the 2nd or the 3rd round and unlikely to get any scholarship.</p>

<p>You should also keep in mind that, for a variety of reasons both within and beyond the students’ control, on average more than half of UW undergrads take more than four years to graduate. Don’t assume you will graduate in four years – budget for an extra half year at least, just to be safe.</p>

<p>Actually 63% who stay at UW 4 years or more graduate in 4 years. 53.1% of all entering students graduate in 4 years or less. Approximately 15% transfer either to another UW campus, U Minn, or another school or just stopout/dropout within the first 4 years. Most who transfer end up getting a degree–just at another school for a vast number of reasons.</p>

<p><a href=“http://apa.wisc.edu/RetGrad/Students_RetnGrad_All.pdf[/url]”>http://apa.wisc.edu/RetGrad/Students_RetnGrad_All.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>While I may have been slightly off – it now appears that the 4 year graduation rate has finally managed to creep a little above 50 percent – nothing in your post is inconsistent with my advice that, when budgeting for your UW education, it’s probably wise not to assume that you’ll be able to graduate in four years. This isn’t a value judgment; it’s just a statement of fact that’s strongly supported by the numbers.</p>

<p>As is mine. But it is more up to the student. Two majors probably will take longer–engineering and education as co-ops or similar (student teaching) are part of the programs for most. Any other major can be done in 4 years or less if the student sticks to one major and does not take time off to visit Europe of India for 6 months. Not that taking off to do such things is a bad thing. My roommate took off to India and came back a changed more focused person. Today he’s a surgeon. Back in the day he was a stoner.</p>