What J-School is right for me?

<p>I've been wanting to major in Journalism for years now and it's time for me to apply to college and I don't know where to go. I know all the best J-schools, but I don't think I would get in with my transcript. </p>

<p>3.0 UW 3.8 Weighted
22 ACT 1490 SAT
School Newspaper Editor-In-Chief
Teen Reporter Job at Local Newspaper</p>

<p>I've already been rejected from New House & I'm completely afraid of applying at most other places. I want to retake my ACT but it's too late as far as the deadline for most schools. Could you give me some recommendations? </p>

<p>I'd like to stay on the East side of the country btw (I'm in FL)</p>

<p>How about Mizzou? Or is that too far west? </p>

<p>Or possibly, UF, but I’m not sure about their stats and all and if you’d get in, but that is in-state.</p>

<p>University of Georgia, University of Central Arkansas maybe.</p>

<p>UF is one of the best in the country (second largest journalism program in U.S., even though it has only been here for 50 years). Since you are an in-state candidate, this could be a great choice.</p>

<p>Also, east-coast wise (me as well-I’m from VA) there is UNC Chapel Hill (has undeniably one of the best j-schools). UMD College Park has a journalism school (Phillip Merrill) that is worth checking out. U of Georgia, Penn State (University Park), Boston College, and Boston University are good east coast schools as well.</p>

<p>Also Syracuse has a good program (in NY).</p>

<p>^I’m thinking of ones she could get into, and UNC probably is a reach. And she said she already got rejected from Newhouse (Syracuse).</p>

<p>And Boston College doesn’t have a journalism program.</p>