What kind of merit based aid would I be able to receive?

<p>I'm currently a junior in highschool and I would really love to study at UM if I received adequate financial aid. I was wondering about how much I could qualify for with the following stats:</p>

<p>SAT: 2290/1490(780 M 710 CR 800W)
SAT II: 750 Chem, 800 M2, 770 Physics
GPA: 93/100 Unweighted
Class Rank: Top 25% at a highly ranked medically oriented magnet school with about 65 kids in my grade
Decent to good ECs, Good letters, Good essays</p>

<p>hmmmmmm i not sure how much they give but i think to get a scholarship you have to get a 1350 on the math and reading section of the SAT and a 31 on the ACT. I might be wrong. try their website</p>

<p>Your SAT looks good for you and aid, but the class rank is not terrific…usually they look for the top 10 percent, but what do I know? Look at last year’s stats of who got in and how much they got…I think you’ll find what you are seeking. Perhaps a weighted GPA would help others here…not sure what a 93 translates to. Keep up the good work in high school.</p>

<p>Unfortunately, even though all courses are taught at honors level the school does not weight the GPA or put it out of 4.0 for whatever reason. As for the class rank, I was hoping they would taking into consideration the fact that the school is a top magnet school and only accepts 20% of students to begin with. Hopefully being top 25% in a school of 65 which are the top 20% will count for something. Thanks for the help though guys. I guess only time will tell.</p>

<p>I’m late to this conversation, but I recently applied EA to Miami. I was wondering what some people on CC thought about my chances for merit aid. I don’t fulfill any of their scholarship guidelines exactly, but fulfill one part in each type of scholarship. If it helps I also got a $22,000/year scholarship to Tulane. I have almost all honors and AP classes all 4 years of high school. I have a 1340 SAT (CR+M) 2100 (CR+M+W), 4.56/4.6 W GPA, rank 17 out of 450 in my class (top 3.7%) and tons of extracurrculars. I’m an EMT and am involved in Student Government as well as other activities. What type of merit aid do you think UMiami would award a student like me?</p>

<p>thecreator, I think you’ll get a 24k scholarship, maybe a singer/stamps invite.</p>

<p>lexi130, I think 16k.</p>

<p>Best of luck to both of you!</p>

<p>When are Singer/Stamps invites sent out? When is Singer/Stamps 2013?</p>

<p>Is there another thread I should ask this question?</p>

<p>Stamps weekend was March 2-3rd last year.</p>