What stores are on/near the campus?

<p>I was just wondering--what stores are on/near campus for things like clothes, furniture (my roommate and I are waiting until we move in before we buy a futon, lamp, or anything else extra so we know what fits), groceries, etc? I know that there's a Walgreen's across from Sellery and there's the Fresh Madison Market on University Ave., but what else is around?</p>

<p>There aren’t any furniture stores right on campus. However Target will have free pizza and a free bus to take students with pockets full of cash to their store on Madison’ far west side (Junction Road) to make purchases. Check target’s website for futons (they do have lamps).</p>

<p>My D waited on the futon and had one delivered to Sellery she got on line. Now, they are not sure it fits in their apartment, so she may end up selling it, I suspect there may be others like her and there may be some on Craigslist etc too. There is a Goodwill on State street (not sure if they have lamps) and an Urban outfitters and some other stuff including a Gamestop.</p>

<p>Lands End store too on State Street.</p>

<p>Be sure to get a copy of the free August issue of The Isthmus with its Annual Manual inside. A comprehensive magazine with lists of Madison restaurants and resources- and perhaps stores. You can find this at campus area restaurants and stores, including University Bookstore and probably dorm lobbies et al.</p>

<p>Therer is an Urban Outfitterd by Statesider.</p>

<p>There are a whole lot of thrift stores with some pretty great stuff on state street as well</p>

<p>Just a short bus ride away, out University Avenue, you will find Hilldale Mall, where there is a Macy’s, a variety of boutique-y clothing stores (Anthropologie, Title Nine, etc.), a great grocery store called Metcalfe’s, an Ace Hardware store, and – across the parking lot – a brand new Target.</p>

<p>It is possible to walk there from campus- did it. But you will have your free city bus pass. Going to the other major malls (East and West Towne) by bus requires transfers.</p>

<p>East Towne Mall doesn’t need a transfer by bus, it’s a straight shot. It’s a huge pain in the butt to take the bus out there though, so only plan on going if you really need something.</p>