What UCs am I most likely to get into?

Currently a junior in high school. Here are my transcripts, and SAT score.

Freshman Year: (Semester 1 and 2)
Graphic Design I: A
English I: A
Biology: A
Physical Education: A
Algebra I: A
French I: A
Geography: A

Sophomore Year:

Semester 1:

Intro to Business: A
Personal Finance: A
English 2: A
French 2: A
Geometry: A
Chemistry: B
World History: A-

Semester 2:

Basic Electronics: A
Health: B
English 2: A
French 2: A
Geometry: A
Chemistry: B
World History: B

Junior Year:

Semester 1:

English 3: A
Graphic Design 2: A
AP US History: B
Search for Extraterrestrial Life: A
Physics: B
AP Psychology: A
French 3: A
Algebra 2: B

SAT Score: 1130
PSAT Score: 1140
Class Rank: 77 of 672
Weighted Acad GPA: 3.85
Weighted Total GPA: 3.87
Weighted 10-12 GPA: 3.77
Am I likely to get into any UCs? If so, which ones?

Intended major will make a difference on your chances for the UC’s???

UC GPA capped weighted? https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

Based on your posted stats and looking at the following statistical data for the UC’s, I would say UC Merced and Riverside would be your target schools. UC Santa Cruz could also be possible. If you are a CA resident, I suggest you consider several of the 23 Cal states for solid Match and Safety schools also.

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.40-3.79:

UCB: 1.8%
UCLA: 2.2%
UCSD: 7.2%
UCSB: 10.1%
UCI: 11.1%
UCD: 16.6%
UCSC: 43.8%
UCR: 63.3%
UCM: 88.7%

25th - 75th percentiles for SAT:

UCB: 1280-1490

UCLA: 1280-1500
UCSD: 1250-1470
UCSB: 1210- 1450
UCD: 1190-1430
UCI: 1190-1420
UCSC: 1170-1380
UCR: 1090-1310
UCM: 1020-1230

Capped and Weighted GPA- 3.88

Intended Major- Business Administration

Business Admin is only available as a major at UC Riverside and UC Irvine as a Freshman admit. The rest of the UC’s do not offer Business Admin but Economics based Business majors. UCB does not accept Freshman admits into their Business school, Haas.

For UCR you are admitted as a Pre-Business major and must maintain a 2.5 GPA in the pre-req courses before you can declare the major.

For UCI, Business Admin is highly competitive with an average UC GPA of 4.08 and SAT of 1316.

You will need to boost your GPA before end of Junior year along with your SAT for a solid chance at both schools.

I would focus on the Cal States which have excellent Business programs. Look at San Diego State and Long Beach if you can bump up your SAT scores. Cal State Fullerton, Cal Poly Pomona, Cal State Northridge would also be good Match schools for you.

Your UC GPA makes Santa Cruz within Reach again if you can up your SAT score. For the rest of the UC’s, a 4.0+ UC GPA and around a 1300+ SAT at the minimum will be needed to be competitive.

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19:

UCB: 12.6%
UCLA: 11.7%
UCSD: 38.7%
UCSB: 53.6%
UCD: 56.5%
UCI: 52.1%
UCSC: 75.7%
UCR: 90.1%
UCM: 96.1%

Best of luck.

I agree with @gumbymom focus your attention on CSUs. She has given you a solid list and a great place to start.

Apparently for UCR Bus. School, you have to apply. Per the UCR Bus. School website:

Business is a selecting major.
The selecting criteria are as follows:

1. All breadth prerequisites must be complete prior to applying,
    except foreign language and English 1C.
  2. Students must be admitted before completing 120 units.
  3. 2.7 minimum UCR cumulative GPA.
  4. 2.5 minimum GPA in major preparation category.
  5. 2.0 minimum GPA for any attempted upper division major
    requirements.
    Note: Attendance is required

With limited space and a low minimum GPA, there would probably a lot of students meeting the minimum and there has to be a way to turn down some students meeting the minimum GPA.

From the UCR Business School website, here is the requirements for students admitted as a pre-business major in the freshman year:

Pre-Business is a two-year program to prepare students to apply to Business Administration. (The Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration is only offered at UC Riverside, UC Irvine, and UC Berkeley.) Students who enter UCR as freshmen initially enroll and are advised in the College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences in a Pre-Business status. The College breadth requirements and the prerequisites for Business Administration major are completed during the freshman and sophomore years. An application to Business Administration is submitted at the end of the sophomore year. Upon acceptance, students become Business Administration majors and are then advised in the Business Administration Department in the School of Business Administration.

Thank you all for the insight. I don’t want to sound rude, and I am very thankful for your advice, but I really want to get into a UC. Would you guys say I had a chance at UC Davis?

Did you calculate your capped weighted UC GPA? Would you be applying for Econ or Managerial Econ? Both Business type majors but definitely not Bus Admin.

Current SAT below the 25th percentile which was 1190 last year.

Yes, my capped weighted UC GPA is 3.88. Between Econ and managerial econ, I would most likely go into managerial Econ. I believe I can get my SAT score up to a 1200 or greater by college application time next year.

@edenbouskila the advice you have gotten is very sound. You have a chance at getting innyp UCD but your SAT and GPA is at the very low end of the range so you would be best served to add the suggested CalStates to your list, to work hard to improve your SAT score and retake in perhaps August aftet a lot of practice and maintain your grades for rest of this year. And really spend the time to work on your essays in advance over the summer so they really shine a light on who you are. You should apply to the UCD but understand it is a reach and you should explore other schools that are a match or safety where you can be happy and thrive. Best of luck!

Davis has become more selective. If your SAT were about 100 points higher, you might have a minimal chance by getting your GPA up this semester.

I think your best chances are at the CSU’s.

Thank you!

Not trying to discourage you, but I would recommend you start in finding 1-2 safety schools, then 3-4 match schools that would like to attend and can afford. After you selected these schools, then you can apply to as many reach schools you want.

UCD could be possible if you bump up your test scores, write some outstanding essays and have some solid EC’s. With the admit rates I posted, you have a 50/50 chance just based on your UC GPA (not major specific).

So formulate a balanced list and best of luck. Actually application time will be this year Nov 30th deadline 2018 for Fall 2019.