What's the EMORY'S undergrad acceptance rate for 2022?

We’ve lot of V good options to make a final decision. My daughter got acceptance in Emory too and their Financial package offered is very good. If she attends in state, we may end up paying under $10k either to GA tech or Emory. Someone was saying on reddit this year Emory’s acceptance rate is under 10% ( prior years seems 19% or so), didn’t find any details on Emory’s site. if true, why Emory has become so competitive ( in same league of IVY’s acceptance) in 2022 ?

This site will allow you to compare Emory’s recent admission results to those of other colleges:

1 Like

You can see Emory’s actual numbers below if you want to calculate acceptance. It works a little different because you will see total applicants and totals accepted. Then the break out for Oxford and Emory and then the ones that were accepted to both. Last year both campuses were over subscribed. This year looks like they tried to control that a bit but with test optional also had a lot more applications.

1 Like

By that direct information, Emory’s acceptance rate appears to be 15.8%.

I think the double admits are pulled to only count once. I also think that when some publish the numbers like that 11% rate they are only looking at Emory College but Emory always reports out the numbers more transparently and as above.

In the Kickstart link, the rate for Emory appears as 11% and the rate for Emory–Oxford as 14%. Neither of these figures appears consistent with the direct information you (helpfully) provided from Emory, which produces a rate for Emory (in general) of 15.8%.

According to my college admissions/counselor contacts, regular decision was under 9%.

2 Likes

Emory is ranked 21 on US News and 20 on Wall Street journal so it has always been in that realm of competitiveness. Emory colleges acceptance rate this year was about 10.7% and Oxford is 14%. Last year Emory college was 13% and Oxford 18%. Google usually doesn’t have the most up to date acceptance rates. It shows NYU as 21% when it is 13%

2 Likes

Kickstart is right. Emory main campus(80% of Emory students start here)has an 11% acceptance rate and Emory Oxford is 14%. However in the entire applicant pool people apply to both so their chances of getting into one of them is 15%.

Emory main campus(80% of Emory students start here)has an 11% acceptance rate and Emory Oxford is 14%. However in the entire applicant pool people apply to both so their chances of getting into one of them is 15%.

I am an alum and an interviewer. My son is a student. That’s why I put up the actuals from Emory. Emory has always shared total numbers and then the break outs of the two campus and the overlap. Different organizations then report the states however the choose. I am curious to see if they have over enrollment again this year. Guessing yes since Oxford’s mods are staying another year.

It seems that Emory is unusual in its structure and statistics, in that applicants who are accepted into one of its two undergraduate campuses may be counted as a rejection at the other campus. Other universities with multiple undergraduate schools typically count applicants directed in similar scenarios as having been accepted into the university in general.

1 Like

Right. Emory is pretty open about the statistics and the college of acceptance (or both or rejection). If I recall in the 1990s when I was there they had gotten questioned over how the numbers worked by one of the ranking systems and had a one year major drop in the rankings. Since then they have been pretty open though more confusing as to those numbers and percents.

Based on news articles, Emory’s misreporting of information lasted fairly long and was concluded to have been done “knowingly”:

To its credit, Emory subsequently devoted substantial resources toward a thorough investigation of its prior practices:

1 Like

That was a separate time and a different administration so means they did it again.