What's the vibe at CC?

<p>Hello! I am looking for LACs primarily in the Midwestern region. I have been to the state of Colorado once, I was too young to remember anything that it was like. I love the environment and region, however, and especially the COLD!</p>

<p>I am planning on majoring in physics. I have personal interests in astronomy that I'd like to continue in college. I love many of the liberal arts and I want to study more foreign languages, history, linguistics, etc. etc. As of now my interests are in becoming a scientist, so I will likely be going to get a PhD after I graduate. I want a college with an intellectual atmosphere, where there is an air of learning. Other LACs that exemplify these traits that I am considering are Reed, Grinnell, and Carleton. Is Colorado anything like them? How would you describe the culture of Colorado College in comparison?</p>

I’m not a current student at CC, but I have been accepted and I am a Colorado Resident. From talking to past student I’ve heard that CC has a really great support system. Besides the fact that it’s a small school and has smaller class sizes, the Block plan means that your professor has one class that they’re focusing on. This means you get more access to your professor. They also talk a lot about immersion and classes that incorporate field trips and things of that nature. I think the level of immersion you get by taking one class at a time could give the campus an air of learning. Colorado is great. We get a rep for being cold, but the weather her is more erratic. We had temperatures in the 60s up until the last couple of weeks in December. Colorado weather is crazy. I hope that was helpful!