When are you all leaving?

<p>I'm not sure when you are all headed down, but I wanted to say have a great move-in and enjoy every minute of your time at UM. It's an incredible school and wonderful opportunities await, take advantage of them.</p>

<p>To the kids...Have fun, get out and get involved, try new things (within reason;), but don't forget why you are really there. If you stay on top of your academics, everything else will be better. Don't forget to stay in touch with M & D, you have no idea how thrilled they will be with a quick phone call or email.</p>

<p>To the parents...Be patient, flexible and understanding this weekend. Keep in mind that emotions and stress levels are high for everyone, including the kids. Try to relax and go with the flow, everything WILL get done. UM is a great new leg of this journey we take with our kids. You will miss them terribly, but focusing on the wonderful opportunities and experiences before them is exciting and will really help ease the empty feeling. It's amazing how the kids seem to blossom before your eyes.</p>

<p>My biggest piece of advice to get you through this weekend, STAY COOL! Take advantage of all those water stations.</p>

<p>I can't wait to hear all your stories next week. Wishing you all a wonderful, safe trip!</p>

<p>We're heading down on Thursday. S's roommate is heading down today. We are taking all next week in a timeshare as well to get away for a few days and be there in case the boys need any last minute "stuff". We figure that after about 3 PM Saturday, we will be without one kid from that poit forward and might (I repeat "MIGHT") get lucky to get him for one last dinner sometime next week before we return. We will be at the parents thing on Saturday night at the Rat. Red hiair, goatee, answer to JD, try to look me up....</p>

<p>Thanks for the well wishes My 3 Sons....</p>

<p>Thanks for the good wishes and I also want to wish everyone a smooth move-in and great year ahead! :)</p>

<p>We are also heading down this Thursday with an early morning flight. Trying to pack now...ugh, and having S's friends and family over tonight for a farewell dinner. Feeling overwhelmed! </p>

<p>We are staying at the Biltmore for 6 days hoping to be there when the dust settles and see S before we leave and be sure all is well.</p>

<p>Yes, let's all compare stories when we return. I'm sure there will be some good ones!
Take care for now.</p>