When do we find out about financial aid?

<p>Now that many of us have received our decisions, i was wondering if anyone knew when financial aid information comes out?</p>

<p>I emailed someone in the financial aid office last week asking this question. On March 9th he replied: “…Financial awards will be viewable on myUM in the next few weeks…”</p>

<p>So, I guess we just have to be patient…quite a frustating and exciting time of year, isn’t it?</p>

<p>~Zinc</p>

<p>Does anyone know how much does financial aid gives?</p>

<p>It completely varies by your individual situation. Kind of like asking “how much taxes do people pay?” All you can do is fill out the FAFSA form and hope for the best. And, of course search and apply for every outside scholarship you can on sites like fastweb, salliemae, collegeboard, etc, etc.</p>

<p>BTW: I read a good book that covers how to intelligently fill out the FAFSA called “Paying for College Without Going Broke” - Princeton Review - written by Kalman Chany. Your local library probably has a copy.</p>

<p>~Zinc</p>

<p>I went today to UM and the financial aid lady said the info comes out in about April.</p>

<p>I checked myUM last night and it said this in the financial section:</p>

<p>Awards for the Year/Semester you selected are not available for viewing at this time.</p>

<p>Yes, I noticed that too…a subtle difference from the message that came up a couple of days ago. I’m hoping that means that the financial folks are making some progress…
~Zinc</p>

<p>Just checked out DDs financial aid package - very pleasantly surprised as the other thread starter mentioned.
~Zinc</p>

<p>We received an email telling us our aid was posted.</p>

<p>@OhioOne How long ago did you get the email. I got my acceptance letter 2 weeks ago but have yet to here anything in regards to a financial aid package</p>

<p>Same with me Lightsout</p>