When do we hear for RD?

<p>University of South Florida says on their website if you got accepted, but says, “a decision has been reached” if you’re denied. My daughter got accepted, so I know about the acceptances being online, but lots of people post on the board here, stating that they got something saying, “A decision has been reached” and wondering what that means.</p>

<p>None of which has anything to do with UM. I agree it makes more sense to mail an acceptance. In fact, UF posts all the decisions online but only mails something to the accepted students. After all, why give them a souvenir of their rejection.</p>

<p>Probably, it means nothing and they’re just telling you to hold on. And those who haven’t gotten it, their application isn’t being reviewed yet.</p>

<p>My deferral letter went away too and now it just says documents received.</p>

<p>One of my daughter’s friends heard this week, a rejection. So they’re definitely telling people.</p>

<p>@Proudparent2- was she an RD applicant or an ED deferred to RD applicant?</p>

<p>Not sure (and at this point, it would be in poor taste for my daughter to ask). I do not think UM was her one first choice, so I’m going to guess not ED. But her father is a professor there, so I’m going to guess she applied Early Action.</p>

<p>My niece just received her acceptance letter.</p>

<p>@ddahwan- if you don’t mind sharing, what region does your niece live in?</p>

<p>So are people getting letters without there being anything on the website? We are in Miami, so there shouldn’t be a huge delay either way, but DD’s application status isn’t moving.</p>

<p>I’ve ask and it turn out to be an email. She got accepted to the Spring term however. We are in the Miami area.</p>

<p>FYI: she had been deferred in ED.</p>

<p>I applied RD at the beginning of december and have yet to receive an email? is that bad?</p>

<p>No. They are just starting to send them out. It might take a while. My son got accepted EA this year and while he received an email on the first day, some of his friends did not hear from the U from a few days more. It could take up to a week (RD maybe more?).</p>

<p>ddahwan, would you mind sharing your daughter’s SAT and GPA to give us some perspective on an admitted students stats?</p>

<p>I’m still waiting to hear I’m so nervous!</p>

<p>My son ACT was 32. His GPA I am not sure but it was not super high, but he is in a well known school in the area so maybe it helps make up for it.
Ap Chem 4
Ap Cal I -4
Ap Spanish - 5
SAT II physics -760
SAT II chem -700
Taking
AP Cal II
AP Computer science
President Robotics team
So I guess he is average. Any ACT above 28 is good for UM… Also a GPA of 3.3 or above should also be enough.</p>

<p>I received an email that decisions were being released by next week</p>

<p>From where, @collegeiscrazy13? Would you kindly post the message here?</p>

<p>Wow, that is weird. DD applied Regular Decision, back in November, and we haven’t received squat. You’d think form e-mails would go to everyone.</p>

<p>I haven’t heard anything either.</p>

<p>I was deferred, think I hear first? </p>

<p>Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CC</p>

<p>Anybody get word today on decisions? I thought they would come out today I guess not. I am in the Philadelphia area. </p>

<p>@jakey54- I couldnt answer your message without 15 posts on this site. Sorry!</p>