When do we hear for RD?

<p>@jakey54 my writing was my strength of course W 640 CR 590 M 610. I have excellent recs, varsity cheer captain, student council officer, hundreds of community services hours, national honor society. Thats about it!</p>

<p>Yeah, my daughter also didn’t apply to FSU. I encouraged her to do so because, since UF was a huge reach for her, FSU seemed like the best (US News ranking-wise) state U to which she would definitely get in. But she just wasn’t interested, and I could see her point. I guess you either love FSU or you hate it. Prior to getting into UF, she was debating between Eckerd and USF. USF has a very pretty campus with lots of beautiful trees. It is also, if you like that kind of thing, across the street from Busch Garden amusement park which has some of the best roller coasters in the world. The beaches on the Gulf Coast are beautiful.</p>

<p>@proudparent i looked but they do not have my major</p>

<p>I got my letter today in the mail…I was surprised</p>

<p>What did it say?</p>

<p>Can I ask if you were offered spring admission?</p>

<p>Ahhhhh! I just got my acceptance package in the mail! I’m so excited!</p>

<p>Kind of funny… I just checked myUM, but it hasn’t been updated yet. I’ll post stats in the official RD decisions thread.</p>

<p>By the way, I live in South Florida, so that’s probably why I heard so early.</p>

<p>For anyone wondering about spring admission and rush, it is not an issue at all. Miami has rush after winter break (start of second semester) for both girls and boys.</p>

<p>Yes, spring rush just isn’t as big. This is true of any college, not just UM.</p>

<p>Proudparent, the main rush at Miami is right after winter break. It is the main big rush. In fall, there are a few houses that accept pledges, but many do not.</p>

<p>Can I still ask if anyone received a waitlist letter today?</p>

<p>Has anyone received their wait-list letter yet? Would you mind sharing what it said? </p>

<p>Thanks : )</p>

<p>I got my letter today. Im not a complete failure</p>

<p>Did they offer anyone spring admission?</p>

<p>hey guys. so i noticed something about my MyUM today. it might not mean anything but when you click on “View your Admissions Information” does the URL say admissions/acceptance/admissions_status?? coz mine does. would be weird if they reject me now…</p>

<p>Mine also says that and I was waitlisted so I don’t think it means anything.</p>

<p>Mine says that as well and I am wait listed</p>

<p>I just re read my portal letter and it says “We have sent you a letter via regular mail that contains specific details about your waitlist offer” Is it generic?</p>

<p>ugh Miami. giving me false hope. i wanna get accepted so bad.</p>

<p>@collegeiscrazy,</p>

<p>I think everyone got that same letter. Mine’s the same.</p>

<p>@Jrswish,</p>

<p>Umiami’s review process is almost entirely about having the stats (probably even more so than most other schools). So if you have pretty strong stats I wouldn’t worry.</p>