When does All Access convert to Greek 50?

<p>Specifically, when/how does the refund occur?</p>

<p>Thought of this same question last night when looking over the sorority parent packet with the dues listed. The dues listed include food. I am assuming, please correct me if I am wrong, that the total amount for the dues will drop lower than the posted amount in the packet? Then, again I am assuming, the adjusted figure will be used to base your payments?
If this is the correct scenario, will the adjusted lower dues be the contract amount that is signed by the new pledges?</p>

<p>TXNewCollegeMom – my understanding is that the meal plan money isn’t applied directly to the sorority bill, but rather the meal plan funds are refunded just as any other overpayment of a student bill would be (either refunded to the credit card you used to pay your student bill, returned via direct deposit or sent to you via check – as appropriate) and then it is your decision whether to apply those funds to the payment of the sorority bill once you receive the refund. I too am curious when this will happen. We have a payment due September 1st and don’t believe we will have a refund before then, but am hoping that the funds will be in hand before the October 1st payment deadline.</p>

<p>^^^ TNCM: What sorority parent packet??? I think I’ve missed something!</p>

<p>At Bama Bound we were told that the University would get a list of all the girls receiving bids and their accounts would automatically be reduced to the Greek 50 (or 55 I think it’s called now). They said the amount would be credited to your account and if you had direct deposit setup, it would be automatically refunded.</p>

<p>Also read somewhere that any meals your DD had on the unlimited plan during rush week would be applied to and deducted from the number of meals in the new Greek plan.</p>

<p>Unfortunately, don’t know when that will occur!</p>

<p>p4cx4, okay. I was not sure. For some reason I thought I heard it transferred but I can where that would be hard for them to send money to every house and tag/track every girl.</p>

<p>You are a fellow DG mom, taking the all access meal cost of $1578 per semester, $3156 for the year, that makes the cost listed in the parent handbook for sorority dues pretty low. A lot lower than I thought it would be. Or, am I missing something?</p>

<p>Class2017Mom, our house had a table set up in the foyer with a parent packet with each girls name on it. It is only about 10-12 pages but very informative with the costs broken out on one page to be paid for the year, per semester or monthly.</p>

<p>So WHEN does this refund occur???</p>

<p>Anyone from last year remember???</p>

<p>From the bama dining website:</p>

<p>"After you receive your bid, please check your student account to verify that the meal plan credit has been applied.</p>

<p>When is the deadline to downgrade?</p>

<p>When the University generates an official list of all new Greek members, all students on that list will be automatically downgraded from their original plan to the Option 1 plan with 55 meals per semester.
All requests for downgrades to the Greek 55 or no-meal plan ($197 fee) must be received by September 1st for fall sorority pledges and the first Monday in October for the fall fraternity pledges. There is no deadline to upgrade meal plans."</p>

<p>So, I guess by Sept 1. I Checked my D’s account, nothing there yet.</p>

<p>Nothing changed on my D’s account yet either…and I haven’t seen a parent packet yet. Hoping D can fill me in soon. She was under the impression that the meal plan had already switched over but it doesn’t look like it online.</p>

<p>dD is eating all meals at her house now…</p>

<p>D did tell me they started meals at the house sometime this week. I don’t remember when but thought it was today.</p>

<p>I believe the parent packets were to be handed out on Bid Day at each house. That is what I understood from Greek Chic when it said they were doing the parent brunch and info meeting. That is when we got ours.</p>

<p>We were told at the Alpha Chi house that the refunds wouldn’t be reflected until much later - I think possibly into September, maybe even later. There are so many students that refunding for those going Greek is on the lower half of the list of priorities. I have no doubt it will get done. I would be pleasantly surprised if we had our refund by next week, but I won’t hold my breath.</p>

<p>TXNewCollegeMom – I agree that when you look at the cost of sorority life as a freshman, it isn’t too bad when you take into account that you would have to have a meal plan anyway as a freshman. (Don’t forget though that your refund will be $466 lower than the amount you were billed for All Access if you decide to keep the Greek 55 and $197 lower if you decide on the Community Dining Charge.) </p>

<p>For the number crunchers, I did some calculations and it looks like the break even point for keeping the Greek 55 rather than paying the Community Dining Charge ranges from 29 dinners to 42 breakfasts. In other words, if your child will eat 2 - 3 meals per week in the Dining Halls, it makes sense to keep the Greek 55 rather than switching to Community Dining Charge. My D thinks that she will eat this often in the Dining Halls, so though I had initially thought we would opt for no meals, we’ve decided to keep the Greek 55.</p>

<p>Guess I need to do some number crunching and see if D will really be eating that much in the dining halls. She won’t be doing breakfast in the dining halls, I know that. She is a protein bar in the morning or maybe a glass or oj and that is it. So, we can completely opt out of all Bama Dining Halls and meal plans? If so, I may do that and she can use Bama Cash to eat in one if the need arises. That may be our best option.</p>

<p>To opt out, you need to tell UA Dining that you want to pay the Community Dining Charge – which is $197. The Greek 55 is the default option. My daughter thinks that she may want to grab a couple of meals per week with friends after class or with her suitemates in the Dining Halls so since the break even point is fairly low – you basically need to use a little more than half of the 55 meals to break even if you are eating lunch or dinner in the dining halls – we’ve decided to keep the Greek 55.</p>

<p>DDs student Bill on MyBAMA shows “-1112.00” today.</p>

<p>Does that mean the refunds have been sent???</p>

<p>D’s account is not showing any credits. I went to her Bama Dining account and hers is still showing she is on the “All Access Dining Plan”. I guess once that changes they may reflect the credit. </p>

<p>Will be emailing them this week to move her to the Community Dining Plan. She has been to a dining hall all of 2 times since she moved in back on the 8th.</p>

<p>How does one access the BAMA Dining account?</p>

<p>Go to the student tab and scroll down to the Bama Dining box, it will be on the righthand side. Click on “Chose a Meal Plan” (or something along those lines). Select the term, Fall 2013 and submit. It will bring up what you are enrolled for this semester.</p>

<p>DD’s says GREEK 55.</p>

<p>We are near the top of the alphabet, so UA is probably inputting girls in that order. Explains why the refund shows on her “bill”</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>