When would it be best to apply to Bama?

I’m borderline for Alabama and really want to go there. I have 3.3W and got a 3 on the AP lang test if that matters. I just got back my SAT score today. I took it blind and got an 1170. Since my GPA and scores aren’t that great should I wait till after I take the Oct sat (I am getting a tutor) or apply now? Only problem is my school does not give an official transcript until end of September. I called the guidance office and I am getting my unofficial transcript. I’m really confused on how the whole transcript things works (first generation college student) so can I even send in an official one? Guidance told me to mail it to the school with a note saying the official one will be sent in late September. What should I do?

Apply now. You’re fine. In fact, Bama is more lenient at the beginning of the app season.

Ok thanks. Should I send them my SAT scores and the unofficial transcript too?

You really can’t start the application too early, but you aren’t going to qualify for any of the large merit awards (unless that GPA is unweighted and you can raise your SAT scores dramatically), so I hope you’ve run the NPC and have determined your family can afford that number as an OOS student. No reason to waste an application fee on a school that is out of reach financially.

You look like a great candidate for admission, but full pay is ~ $40k a year.

Thank you. I went over full price tuition and everything with my parents and money is not an issue.

An unofficial transcript won’t be accepted, but go ahead and apply, send scores…and then get the transcripts in when you can.